Chapter Four - Part Two

-------------

Woot!!!!!!!!! I posted!

----------

"As much as you've burned me baby

I should be ashes by now"

Ashes By Now

Chapter Four - Part Two

The wind whistled through my arms as I bent over the railing of the castle's balcony. The moon , large and beautifully round, was high in the sky, and it seemed to get darker than it already was. My hands were tightly gripped over the railing as I took in deep ragged breaths. I wasn't throwing up, but gosh didn't I want to. That was just too disturbing, even for me. Maybe there was a reason why people didn't eat like me, but I didn't eat like that. I actually had manners.

Footsteps sounded behind me. I slowly stood up straight and turned around.

"Prince Derek. What are you doing here?" He didn't answer, just rushed over and put a hand to my shoulder.

"Are you alright?" he asked, searching for the answers in my eyes, but he wouldn't be able to. I nodded.

"Why wouldn't I be? Only weak girls aren't alright." Derek sighed.

"Celeste, can you stop with this act?" I scowled and narrowed my eyes.

"What act? I don't have act."

"Your, "I'm a tough girl" act. You act like you don't need to be comforted or told." I glanced away.

"That's because it's true. I don't. And it's not an act."

"Celeste Edulici, just because someone needs to be taken care of, doesn't mean their weak." Suddenly, my head snapped towards him and he took a bewildered step back.

"Yes it does, and I told you to just call me Celeste." There was a long moment of silence, where he just stared at me, and I glared back. Then he sighed.

"I wish you would take your sunglasses off. It isn't even sunny out. It's night time."

"Why should I take them off, so you can judge me by how I look?"

"No," Derek said. "So I can tell if your happy, or if your mad, because you'd be glaring at me. I want to know if your eyes twinkle in the moonlight, or if there as blue as the ocean. Maybe to see if I could see if I would feel myself falling into them. Or falling for you."

My mind went blank and I was speechless. I didn't think that would be the answer. So we just stood there, my mouth slightly opened with no answer. Derek lifted the hand from my shoulder and slowly lifted to my face. Immediately, I knew what he was trying to do.

With quick reflexes, I snatched his hand away from my face.

"Don't you dare, take them off." That's when I realized how close we were standing.

His face was right in front of mine, and my hand was still wrapped around his wrist. I could feel his slow breaths on my face, and some of the heat radiating from my body. Somehow, I had gotten myself stuck into his two light emerald eyes. I watched him as he slowly leand closer, and closer...

-----

Ha! I ended it there! Supsenseful enough? I don't know, so you have to tell me. Honestly, I wasn't sure what I wanted to write next, so I stopped.

I'm so so so sorry the chapters are short and that I've been posting less frequently. With school in the way, It's like juggling a double life. Please be patient with my posts, and I'm glad that most everyone is :D.

So the votes were eh, but I was still happy about them!!!

Please vote and comment!!!

And it still stands if for twenty votes, I'll post asap!!