Chapter Six

------------

#93 on the What's Hot List! You guys make me feel like fainting with happiness!

Your comments always make my day! I absolutely love you guys!!!!

Okay, so I've decided that this story will take place in modern times, just because some stuff I've already use does. It'll be some what like the past, because this takes place in a country called Loredenian which is kind of behind on times I guess, or they just do things the way they do.

And the way they dress too. A long time ago the rich usually wore the color red or gold, to show their status. It actually use to be a law that they did, so they could tell the rich from the poor.

Just thought that I'd explain that.

And gosh, you guys vote super fast! It was hard for me to get this up as quick as I can. I'm not sure if I can do ASAP uploads anymore, but that doesn't mean I'll stop them.

How about this time, 37 for ASAP (let's do an odd number cause it's like awesomeness)

? 20 for a normal upload.

And how far away should the ball be. There is a date set, but I want to know how fast you want the story to move along.

-----------

"Cause I, know, it's hard to have the strength and,

Sometimes, all you feel is pain, but,

Things keep floating by on that river in the night.

But I know things are gonna get better,

And I know things are gonna be fine.

And I know things are gonna get better.

Life is gonna get better, yeah we're gonna be fine.

David Archuleta - Things are Gonna Get Better

Chapter Six

I don't know what suddenly came over me, but for some reason, I turned around and walked back into the house.

"Derek," I said peeking around the corner. He was seated on the first step of the staircase and his head snapped up at the sound of my voice. For some reason he looked somewhat like a lost puppy. Cute and needing love and protection.

"You can come along if you like?" A small tiny smile slipped on his face, but he shook his head.

"No, go ahead. Enjoy your day with your friends." I smiled. "But does the offer still stand?" I nodded.

"Yeah, the offer still stands." Then, I slipped back out the door and towards Jere and Scarlet. I turned to Jere and was surprised to see something I've never seen before. He quickly gave an easy smile and turned around.

"Come on, let's go," he said. I nodded and followed. Was he jealous?

-*-

The small breakfast inn located in the marketplace was one of my favorite places to go. A sign that read, "THE Breakfast Inn," which was the name of the restaurant, was perched over the door. I practically came so often that whenever I walked in, they would already have the meal I always ordered already.

Today was just another one of those days.

"Celeste!" and elderly woman exclaimed as we entered the small building, She rushed over and I smiled brightly when I saw her.

"Hi Mrs. Rashel."

"And I see you've brought your friends too. Well go take a seat and that book over there, then I'll bring you your food." Then, as an after thought, she handed Jere and Scarlet menus. "Oops, forgot. Must be getting old." I laughed as she smiled, then led my troop to the booth by the window.