15. My Wolf, Saskia

I yawn, lifting a hand to cover my mouth. My wounds are almost healed now, just faint pink marks left on my skin. Whatever Kenny's been doing, it's been working wonders. I'll probably have to go to school tomorrow, though.  

My eyes dart downwards, and I bite my lip. 

Now had to be the time that he falls asleep, doesn't it? 

I fiddle with my fingers, wondering what to do. Its mid-afternoon now, and Jango and I are still at Kenny's cabin, safely hidden away in the forest. Jango had told me that Kenny is out with Hana for the day, so we had the house to ourselves. 

Basically we spent the entire day on the couch watching T.V. Daytime T.V isn't the most entertaining, but it was better than doing nothing. 

I bite my lip again, looking down. You see, a little while ago I think Jango fell asleep out of pure boredom. No one can sleep comfortably sitting up, and obviously Jango subconsciously thought so, which ended up in him slouching over to the side... 

Long story short, I have my legs crossed with his head in my lap. And I honestly don't know what to do. 

I sigh to myself, blinking down at Jango. He looks so peaceful when he's sleeping. Innocent, even. Not to mention that cocky smirk isn't on his face anymore.  

My eyes linger on a strand of his ebony hair that's fallen into his eyes. I tentatively reach forwards, brushing it away from his face. I run my fingers through his hair, marvelling at how soft it is.  

A little growl rumbles from Jango, and for a moment I stiffen, thinking he's awake. But after a moment when nothing happens I go back to what I was doing.  

I look out the window. It looks pretty cold out there, like it's going to rain. I don't mind the rain; the forest smells nice after a storm. Fresh. 

I sigh to myself again, wondering how my life got so confusing. I never thought I would be in a cabin, in a forest, with an Alpha werewolf like Jango. Especially not an Alpha werewolf who turned out to be my mate. In fact, two weeks ago I didn't even know what a mate was, let alone the fact that other wolves exist in this world. 

Standing up, I'm careful not to wake up Jango. I walk over to the window and peek out. I sense someone coming, and see Kenny and Hana bounding up a small path out of the forest. Hana's colour for the day seems to be red, since it's all she's wearing.  

The two enter, with Hana chatting wildly about a bird or something she saw today. She stops immediately when she sees me standing up by the window, and her forest green eyes light up. 

"Red!" She yells, flying towards me and tackling my legs. "Red, you're up! Kenny, look!" 

"Shh, Hana." Kenny sighs, noticing Jango asleep on the couch. "You don't want to wake him up, now do you?" 

She shakes her head, so fast I feel like it's going to fall off, her golden curls bouncing. "Nuh uh!" She whisper yells. "I don't wanna wake the pretty boy up!" 

Kenny chuckles. "Right... Red, how're you feeling?" 

"Fine." I say, scooping up Hana when she tugs on my shirt, demanding attention. "Better, actually." 

He nods. "That's good. School tomorrow then." 

I sigh. That ruined my mood. Despite the fact that I do get good grades, I don't enjoy school.  

"I'm going to go make dinner. You two staying?" He questions, his gaze moving to Jango for a moment, before settling back on me. 

"Oh, uh... s-sure?"