6. Promise to Keep it Secret

I was sitting in the lounge room again, after finishing the food Jango made me. Those four people from before are nowhere to be found, and for that matter neither is Jango. After I finished eating he directed me to the lounge room and I've been here ever since.  

It hasn't been that long, only around twenty minutes or so. To tell you the truth, I'm getting bored out of my mind. There isn't anything for me to do, nothing for me to think about. I thought about everything I can, and now there isn't anything in my head. I don't dare to turn on the T.V or even move off the sofa, everything looks way too luxurious for someone like me. I don't even want to move from the position I am in, curled up on the edge of the sofa with my knees tucked up to my chest.  

I try to find something to listen to. I can faintly hear voices, but they are too muffled and just sound like buzzes and hums to me. There is a clock ticking mechanically in the background somewhere, but that just makes me tired. I can hear my heartbeat, but it just lulls me to sleep. 

So there's nothing for me to do right now. And I'm so bored because of it.  

I let my eyes wander, though there isn't much for me to look at. An exasperated sigh comes from me as I blow part of my hair out of my eyes. I rest my chin on my knees and sigh again, looking down at the floor.  

Maybe I should just go... 

I stand up and walk towards the doorway leaving the lounge room. Just as I get to it, a voice interrupts me from my little escape. 

"And where do you think you're going?" 

I stop in my tracks, my chest constricting almost painfully. My hand stills on the edge of the wall, clenching a little.  

"Oh, um, I was going to go back, um..." I stop stuttering as I feel a muscled arm creep around my waist and a hard chest press up against my back. "Home." I manage to squeak out, straightening my back. He just takes the chance to tug me even closer, making me squeal again. A fiery blush spreads across my face. 

"Without saying goodbye first?" Jango asks in a fake, disbelieving voice as he puts his face in my hair.  

It possible, my blush deepens. I gulp a little as my heart starts beating faster.  

Jango chuckles, a deep sound that makes me shiver. "I'll drive you home." He says, moving to my side and leading me through his house with his arm still around my waist.  

I follow along in a daze, even letting him sit me in his car and put my seatbelt on me for me. I snap out of it when he shuts the door not too lightly. I take in a deep breath to calm myself, but only end up getting more flustered when I only smell Jango. Well it is his car.  

Jango hops in the other side and starts the engine. I watch as the trees roll by. A minute after leaving his long driveway I see the Gray's house go by too. My body relaxes as more of Jango's scent overwhelms me. 

Jango reaches over and puts something on my leg. 

I look down, and see it's my phone. He must have picked it up for me. "Thank you." I say nervously, trying not to stutter. I surprise even myself by talking smoothly.  

"No problem." Jango answers, patting my leg gently before putting both hands back on the wheel.  

I don't know what to say next. I want to ask him lots of things, but I don't want to seem rude, or pushy for that matter.  

"I texted the person who put under 'carer' and told them you were staying at a friend's house for the night." He says. "It's been a day since you babysat at the Gray's, so you missed a day of school." He explains.