9. I Like Sweet Things

Sometime during the night I fall asleep in the middle of the clearing. I know it wasn't probably the smartest thing to do, but I couldn't help it. I was tired, and the ground was comfortable.  

When I wake up, it must have only been an hour or two, because the moon was still high in the sky. I don't know why I chose to wake up at that moment, but I suppose it was just my basic animal instincts.  

I stand up on all fours, shaking my fur out. I lift my head and take a sniff of the air, looking for anything out of the ordinary. I smell something faint, but when I look around I don't see anything, so I shrug it off. 

The run back to the orphanage takes around ten minutes. I don't run too hard, but I do want to get back so I can sleep for a little longer. Tomorrow is yet another day of school, and then after that I have to go to Jango's house. I sigh in my head, lowering my blue wolf eyes. I can just tell something's going to happen.  

Eventually I come across the clothes I had shed before I shifted. I let my body relax as I pull my human side back to the surface. The sound of bones popping into a different shape fills the air for a moment, before I find myself on two feet and quickly pull my clothes on.  

The air feels a little bit colder without thick fur covering my body. 

The climb up the tree takes longer than climbing down. I admit, I don't have much upper body, or lower body strength. While I may be a little stronger than most humans, a buffed up man could probably easily overpower me.  

Once I do finally make it back into my door, I quietly shut my window before slipping under the covers and falling back asleep.

The next day comes quicker than I thought I would. Everything is uneventful, even though I feel frazzled inside. I thought maybe the run yesterday would have calmed my wolf down, but she's more excited than usual.  

When the bell goes after fifth period, I jump so high I felt like my head should have hit the ceiling. I try to take as long as I can as I pack my things away.  

As I exit the classroom after everyone else, a hand clamps down on my arm. I jump with a startled look on my face. My eyes whip up, and I blush when I notice Jango's amused look. 

"C'mon, let's go." He urges, dragging me along with him as he heads towards the school exit.  

I struggle to keep my bag on my back, weakly trying to pull out of his grip. 

"You didn't forget, did you?" Jango questions, watching me inquisitively with those icy eyes of his. 

"N-no." I reply softly, a frown briefly passing over my face. Of course I hadn't forgotten. How could I have forgotten with my wolf acting so wild? 

A smirk crosses over his face. "Good." 

My cheeks heat up.  

"My Mother is going to be home until six, but after that the house will be ours." He continues, hand slipping down to my wrist to tug me along faster. 

It's hard for me to keep up with Jango's longer strides, and I find myself stumbling a lot. "S-slow down..." I mumble bravely.  

Jango looks back at me, a confused expression on his face. I look away, feeling a little flustered.  

"Oh, sorry." He apologizes, slowing down to a reasonable pace and dropping my wrist. 

I'm tempted to say that it's not his fault, but I choose to keep quiet for now.