4. So Who's Shiloh?

The walk home should really be called the run home. I was feeling threatened when I was walking, and I don't know why. I felt like someone -or something- was watching me. And not in the 'that-girl's-pretty' way, but the 'as-soon-as-she's-alone-I'm-gonna-eat-her' sort of way. It makes shivers creep up my spine and I sunk deeper into Jango's black leather jacket.

Yes, I said Jango's black leather jacket.

I still can't believe he gave me his jacket. His jacket! To keep even! Honestly, I kind of find that sweet. I know I shouldn't, but I do.

Jango's scent is all over his jacket. Every time I breathe in, all I smell is the masculine essence of him, and sometimes the cologne he must have worn a while ago. Honestly I like his natural scent better.

Whenever I got a weird feeling, I'd turn and look around. Of course nothing was there, I was just being paranoid. Then I would take a sniff of Jango's jacket and I would feel oddly comforted... safe and secure.

Power walking home gave me time to think.

But mostly my thoughts were centred on Jango. I couldn't keep them away from him.

The way his eyes were the exact colour of blue ice, like nothing I've ever seen before. The way his midnight black hair contradicts his white, slightly tanned skin so well. The way he's so tall he towers over me and has to bend down to speak in my ear. The way his strides are larger than mine, and he slowed down just to walk with me. The way he took my feelings into consideration when he noticed I didn't want him coming to the orphanage.

Everything about him is so confusing, yet kind of alluring. I want to be around him, and yet the smarter side of me doesn't. It's hard with my wolf jumping whenever I think of him- which seems to be always.

The feeling of being watched washes over me again. I turn to look down the road I was walking down, only to find it deserted yet again! A growl of frustration slips past my lips as I hunch over in Jango's jacket.

I pick up the pace.

I just feel really... confused.

Ten minutes later the orphanage comes into view. I practically bolt inside and slam the door shut, though the feeling of being watched left me a minute ago.

"Don't slam the door, Lyrissa!" Barbara yells, coming around the corner. Her short, frizzy brown hair has grey streaks in it. Her eyes are hard and dark. She is a little overweight, but it doesn't stop her from doing anything she wants to do.

I cower against the door. "Sorry." I mumble, looking down.

She just walks away, leaving me there almost trembling. Over the years she has stopped physically abusing me because I've gotten older. I have a phone now and I go to high school, meaning I have more ways to tell on her.

Anyway, she must feel like she has me under her thumb because of the abuse I received as a kid. I don't dare to do anything wrong anymore, which is one of the many reasons I'm so nervous around people.

I can't say the same for the little kids here though. There are fourteen kids living in this house, since it's fairly large. No one under the age of one, and no one older than me.

Iris is lucky she's in high school or she would have probably been treated the same as the little kids. Poor them, but I had to go through worse than them.

Luckily Barbara didn't notice Jango's jacket on me. She would have taken it and put it in the clothes pile for everyone to touch and to use, and I do not want that. I want a keepsake of him, and I don't really know why. But I want to keep his scent for as long as I can, it's comforting and relaxing to me and my wolf.