LBAAF- Chapter 8

Chapter Eight

~~Jon's Point of View~~

    My eyes went to my great-grandfather who stood before us. I hadn't thought he was be so eager to join in. I liked my great-grandfather, but we really haven't spent that much time together as he had all of Dementia to worry about.

    But here he was wanting to help. Because he heard that I had been threatened by a hunter and no one threatens his family without him wanting to know who dared to. Even more when my grandfather told him I had fallen in love. I think that was the first time I've seen such pride from him.

    Now he stood looking more imposing than I ever have seen him. We were in the Angelic palace where the queen of all angels ruled. After puzzling over Snow's message, we decided to start here to find out whom would want her dead.

    It was my great-grandfather who told us who he thought had contracted the hunter. A woman he himself had never liked whenever she was around him. I've seen it once and was too young to understand. Now remembering back then, I shiver at what I had witnessed. No wonder he came to join us when we came to the Angelic queen.

    The guards bowed at the door and opened the doors to a room filled with glass. It looked like a forest in winter when the whole land looks like a frozen wasteland. Glass trees rose from the floor and spread its semi-translucent branches out along the ceiling. Light streaming in through the windows that curves between the branches on the ceiling.

    Standing next to one of the trees hanging a small object from one of the hanging branches. It looked like it was a small decorative apple that was the deepest red I've ever seen. Her long bright golden hair reflected within the glass of the room but not in the apple she placed on that glass tree.

    She turned and then smiled right at my great-grandfather. "Have you changed your mind after all this time?"

    My great-grandfather huffed. "You know I'll not have another after my wife's passing."

    She pouted. "But our lands would be so amazing together." I inwardly gagged as she fluttered her fake eyelashes at him.

    "Medea, we are here for a different matter." My great-grandfather gestured to my grandfather and myself. A little more bile rose as she looked us both up and down with lustful eyes. I even felt the shallow wave of the feeling she wanted us to feel. Desire. But something protected me from feeling that toward her. All I thought about when she did that was Snow and how I wanted to kiss her and hold her forever. That was what I desired most.

    My grandfather shook his head. "I do believe you'll never sway us in wanting you my lady, so I suggest that you don't even waste your emoting."

    That didn't seem to deter her because now she was looking right at me. Soon she was walking over to me and touched my cheek. She flooded me with more of her emoting. Images flashed in my mind of Snow. Her smiling. She hand in mine.

    I jerked my head away from her hand though I just wanted to stay and feel that more. To be close to Snow yet again even if it were in my mind. My heart felt a bit colder because she wasn't here with me because of someone so evil as to want her dead.

    The queen's hands slipped down my arms as I felt her lean into my back where she stood behind me. "Come now. There is so much I could teach you about pleasing a woman."

    My great-grandfather growled. "We aren't here for a social call your majesty. We're here about Snowden."

    She jerked away from me and I turned toward her. Her eyes changed from the seductress. "That is not a subject to be brought up here. Too painful. To lose her right after her father's death pained me so." She turned away and walked to the window.