LBAAF- Chapter 7

Chapter Seven

~~Snowden's Point of View~~

    Miron held tight to my waist as my hands held as tightly as I could to his arm. A grimace slipped across my face  again. Miron looked down at me with a frown yet said nothing. I just couldn't lay in that hammock any longer. Not after two months. That is just not comfortable at all.

    I stopped with Miron right there next to me. My hand resting on the wall next to me at the bottom of the stairs that curved up to the second level. The light fluttering down from the skylights eliminating the need for windows at all here.

    "That's it little sister, just take your time. There's no rush to be anywhere."

    Nodding, I took one last deep breathe. "I think I'm better now." My heart did feel delighted with the fact that I wasn't wheezing. That meant that my illness was completely gone with was a miracle.

    He steered me into the kitchen and we both frowned when Miron held open the door. Stark was jumping up and down cursing like a drunkard. My face went completely red with each word that slipped out of his mouth.

    Then his jumping brought him to see us at the door. His eyebrows shot up and he took a towel to wrap around his hand. "H-how long have you two been there?"

    "You okay?" My eyes went down to Stark's hand.

    He shrugged and then sighed. "I don't know what I'm going to do about dinner. Burnt my hand and dropped the roast all over the floor."

    I looked to Miron. "Help me to the prep table, I want to help see if I can fix dinner for everyone."

    Stark sighed. "The roast was dinner because I had the veggies under it and now they are all over the floor."

    Miron pulled a chair over to the large table in the middle of the room for me. Then he helped me lower into the seat before he dashed over to help Stark with the roast. And as Stark pointed out, the veggies were unsalvageable.

    Before either could throw the roast away, I spoke up. "It can be saved!"

    They looked at each other and then at me. "How?" Stark asked with his eyebrows knitted together.

    I smiled at him. "If you will listen to me, you'll find out just how to save dinner." They nodded with smiles and we got to work.

~~~

    I placed the last piece of beef on the plate when the sound of the main door banged open with the rest of the guys coming in loudly. The grumbles of the hungry men made me smile knowing that I helped prepare dinner tonight.

    The door to the kitchen opened and all the guys fled in chatting. None noticing me sitting as each took a plate and went into the main room. Miron and Stark just stood by me waiting till the last plate was picked up. Both a bit nervous even if I wasn't.

    Sheek stopped at the door and turned back around as if he just noticed. "Glad to see you're moving around." I gave him as smile before he turned away and out into the main room.

    Miron smirked before I yelped as he tossed me into his arms. "Let's go see how they are taking the new dinner."

    When we entered, we were hit with silence. The guys were eating and not talking at all. Sheek was the only one smiling as his eyes came to us. A soft shake of his head told me that he knew I had a hand in dinner.

    Miron set me down and soon we both had a plate with Stark taking the seat next to me. I had each on either side of me. We ate and watched the guys as they seemed confused by the dinner.

    It was Naro that spoke up first. "And who made this because it certainly wasn't you Stark."

    I blushed when both Stark and Miron pointed their fingers down at my head making all the guys look over with shocked looks on their faces. All I could do was bat their hands from above my head. "Traitors." I giggled at them.

    One of the guys frowned down at his empty plate. "Is there more?"

    Stark chuckled. "Come on, I'll fix you another plate because I want more too." Others voiced that they will want more in a little too causing Stark to roll his eyes chuckling.

    Naro narrowed his eyes toward me. "You still haven't won favor with me."

    All the guys turned to him narrowing their eyes at him but I just smiled. "I'm not looking to win anyone. I just wanted to do something to thank you all for saving me."

    He humphed. "Just make sure your prince knows we did. We aren't a charity service you know."

    Miron threw a roll a Naro. "Stop acting like you're heartless when we all know you're not. You were the first to tell everyone to call her sister that night."

    Naro just shrugged. "Just thinking of our little cash bunny." He spared a quick glance to me but I knew he thought more of me. The brief flash in his eyes before he turned away from me told me so. That he did care even if he didn't fully know me.

    Everyone just shook their heads because they knew better too. Most have known him most of their lives from what I've found out over the past few weeks. The guys liked to talk and entertain me after they get home from trading.

    Naro grunted as he rose and disappeared into the kitchen. I actually didn't see him for the rest of the night except after I was laying in Miron's hammock yet again. He just walked over silently to his hammock and roughly got in, though I felt his eyes looking my way for a long time as I drifted to sleep.

~