LBAAF- Chapter 1

Chapter One

    The wind rushed passed me as I stepped out of the door of the stairwell. My whole body felt hollow as it had for the passed year. Even up here I could feel all the negativity that has stripped the life from my very soul. So much that I no longer could withstand it all.

    My feet felt heavy as I walked slowly to the edge of the roof. I wasn't even afraid of what I was about to do. There was no more reason not to do this.

    I placed my hands on the edge and looked down. No fear at seeing how high up I was here. No doubt. I was about to take my fate into my own hands and throw my life away. Without an ounce of regret either.

    Placing my foot on the ledge, I pushed myself up seeing all of my fellow classmates. None seeing me here just yet. That was until one girl looked up. Her gasp took some time to reach me and I didn't bother looking at her. I just stood here looking out at the forest that bordered the school grounds.

    Soon more and more were looking up at me. All their emotions were hitting me. There really was no where I could go to get away from how others felt. I've tried and now I was done trying.

    My attention was drawn down to the parking lot when the sound of doors closing came to me. For some odd reason my eyes took in whom I could only think was a new student. But still, I couldn't find it in me to find out before I did this. Not even for those gorgeous eyes that I could make out even over the vast distance between us.

    I watched as he raced toward the school. His feelings of desperation and compassion washing over me but only staying on my skin. My eyes closed as it felt nice that someone cared about me even if they didn't know me. I just wished the feeling he was giving off because of me could touch my soul that was just too empty.

    With one last breathe of the wind that swirled around me, my arms stretched out to either side of me. There were more gasped, but only one shout. Only one person seemingly wanting me not to do this. I didn't care as I leaned forward letting myself just fall forward wanting this all to end.

    Inch by inch the whole world went away.

    Inch by inch I accepted this as the fate I choose.

    Inch by inch all my pain and heartache slipped away along with the memories that led me to do this.

    When the moment I thought would be quick, the moment that came to me before my death, nothing happened. My body just floated midair slowly downward. I just laid on the air as I gave into my reality no matter what it was now.

    Was I dead?

    Did I somehow survive?

    Nothing really mattered. My life didn't mean anything. I no longer had any family. No one who cared for me now. Or for a long time.

     Hands slipped delicately up my sides and around my back as I was lowered to the ground. Whomever had me, twisted so when I was laid down, on my back. I just stayed limp and disconnected from everything.

    A caress across my cheek, but I didn't make any motion. The sound of others rushing over as the one holding me giving me a soft shake. "She won't wake." It was a boy who had me.

    "Let me see her." An older voice came toward us before I felt someone bend down on the other side of me. A hand was placed over my breast bone and another was placed on my forehead. A deep breathe before a pause.

    Then his hands jerked away. The guy holding me tightened his hold. "What is it?"

    "No wonder she jumped. There isn't a drop of positive energy in her and there's a barrier keeping her from feeling any from others." The man's hands cupped my face and felt my body stiffen on it's own.