LBAAF- Prologue

Prologue

    "How you feeling sweetheart?"

    I smiled up as his majesty leaned down and kissed my forehead as if he was my own father, not just the birth father of my late betrothed. No one had known that he had proposed to me before he left for college. We weren't ashamed, just young. I wanted him to experience college fully without having to worry about my feelings, but he still wanted to show me that he loved me completely.

    My hand stroked my blooming baby mound. "We're doing just fine, thank you."

    "Good." He poured me a glass of ice tea and handed it to me. "I hope you'll be alright while I'm gone."

    I chuckled. "I know you worry, but your wonderful sister is going to keep me company. She's an amazing friend to me."

    He smiled leaning back against his seat with his own glass of tea. "That she is. Came a long way from being our own sleeping beauty."

    "Are my ears burning?"

    Turning my head, I smiled at Dahl as she came out to hug me from behind. Her arms wrapped around my lower neck loosely. "Your brother is just fretting over me."

    She giggled. "He loves to fret. I should know."

    His majesty chuckled with his head down. "What can I say?" He shrugged. "I can't help it because I care for both of you." He smiled at us. "You're both family."

    I felt my emotions welled up. "You should go before you can't bare to leave."

    He pouted. "You alright?"

    A nod with my hand still caressing my baby belly. "Just a mood swing again. The doctor said they could be more frequent for a little while."

    Rising, he came over and placed his hand over mine curling his fingers around my hand. "Write to me every chance you get. I want to know how you and my grandson are doing. Both big and small."

    Dahl gasped lightly and happily. "It's a boy!?!"

    Both his majesty and I nodded to her. "The doctor told us just yesterday."

    "That's so wonderful Natalee."

    I gave his majesty's hand a light squeeze. "And I will write if you do." Smiling up at him. "I'll read your letters to my baby so he knows how much his grandfather loves him even before he greets the world."

    His majesty looked choked up. "As he will always know." He leaned over and kissed my forehead. "And you are loved always." He smiled. "Princess."

    Another giggle came out. "I still can't believe that the king made me a princess among your people." I twisted the ring that has always stayed on my special ring finger. "We were only promised to each other."

    "But my son still loved you and as my son, he was a prince even if he never really knew. Not to mention that you carry his child within you." He leaned forward and kissed my forehead again. "I'll see you when I return."

'