Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Zack

Charlie and I are now on my private plane going to Paris… We’ve boarded the plane right after the reception. Dito na kami nagpalipas ng gabi, for Charlie is so eager to go to Paris. I can’t blame her for this trip is a year late. Kailangan ko syang pagbigyan, because I’m the one who requested her to delay her much awaited getaway. I just don’t know what’s with her and Paris. Hindi rin ako makapaniwalang hindi pa sya nakakapunta dito. I’ts just a plane away. Bakit kaya hindi man lang sya naipasyal ng Daddy nya kahit isang beses man lang. Then I remembered that her Dad was just overloaded with work and too busy to do anything else even with her beloved daughter.

But now I’m here… I promised myself that I will take care of her. That’s the least that I can do after all the sacrifices that she made. I have three years to fulfill my duty as her husband.

I looked at Charlie who is at the other side of the plane. She is now Peacefully sleeping..

And here I am na parang tangang nakatitig lang sa kanya. I don’t know why I can’t take my eyes off her. Naaliw lang akong panoorin syang natutulog. She really looks like an angel. Nakakatuwang tignan ang napaka-amo nyang mukha.

Then I remembered that stupid bridal kiss. Nagsisisi ba ako na hindi ko sya hinalikan sa lips… Stupid me. If I could just turn back the time, maybe I’ll do what should have been done.

How I really love to kiss her at that time. It should have been her first kiss… but when I saw her innocent face when it was just an inch away from mine, so sweet and so pure, bigla akong nakonsensya. I have asked for her freedom,  I can’t take that away her first kiss from her. Alam ko na sa mga babae, importante ito sa kanila. She’s still so young, kung 21 na sya siguro pwede pa, but 18?  It may seems like I’m taking advantage of her.. on second thoughts, ano pa nga ba ang ginagawa ko? Hindi ba’t I’m already taking advantage of her?  

Kaya I just gave her a peck on the cheek, para hindi na madagdagan pa lalo ang mga kasalanan ko sa kanya.  I really should keep my distance baka hindi ako makapagpigil sa sarili ko. She is just so damn irresistible. All of the restrain that I’ve build up for years have gone down the drain the minute I saw her on the elevator on the eve of our wedding. All I ever want now is for her to be mine but I don’t want to do something that I will regret later… I don’t think that she also have feelings for me. She’s only doing this for the sake of her family. If only this had happened 5 more years.. then maybe , just maybe, it could be real. I can even court her properly.

Kaya eto ako ngayon.. wondering what could have been…  Binugbog tuloy ako ng pang-aasar ni Andrew noong reception… Muntik na talaga akong mapikon. But I would definitely not give him the benefit of making me loose my cool. I just kept on reminding myself na talo palagi ang pikon.

Looking at Charlie right now, pagod na pagod siguro sya… It’s been such a  busy year for her, with all the wedding preparations and adjustments on college. She deserves to have a very nice vacation.

Binilin namin kay Andrew si Tanya para isabay umuwi ng Pilipinas, since mag-stay pa for a few more days sila mommy sa States, at itong si Tanya ay uwing-uwi na, marami pa daw syang appointment. Ayaw namang pabayaan ni Charlie na umuwi ang matalik nyang kaibigan na mag-isa. Trouble magnet daw yun at baka kung anong mangyari sa kanya, sagutin ni Charlie Si Tanya sa mga over protective na mga kuya nito. But I guess Andrew can prevent her from making any trouble, because he is trouble himself with the capital T.  Binalaan ko na lang si Andrew na wag nyang i-ta-take advantage si Tanya, since she’s one heck of a gorgeous young lady and they are taking Andrew’s private plane back to the Philippines.