Chapter 8: They're Crazy But They're All I Have

✔Death's Penalty Chapter Eight:

It's been what, a month since the last time I've updated this story? Final exams are over and I'm pretty excited to see my grades. (I'm one of those grade-conscious students.)

Sometimes, I'm thinking, do people really read my work? Maybe I should stop. But nah, I'm fulfilling my promise. The promise I made when I started to write Death's Penalty. That I'll finish this one.

So, taadaa! Read, enjoy, vote and comment!*^O^*

●●●●●

The heat of the pavement slightly hurt the soles of my feet as it seeped through my sneakers. Sweat started to form on the bridge of my nose. Why did I wear black again?

It was unusually hot today which did not help with my today's unusual bad temper. Squinting as I look at the orange house's window, I saw Yana leaning on it beside her boyfriend. They had been together for more than three years and thank goodness I was able to become immune of all their cheesiness and mushiness. Lhyn on the other hand had found a way of enduring them. That was by completely ignoring them and drowning herself with her beloved anime characters. Essa was actually cool with them.

Stepping in front of the door I jumped to reach the key hidden above the doorjamb. It was one of their ultimate source of happiness, mocking my height. There was also a time when they would let me get the key while recording it on video and uploading it on social media. My relatives thought I was being bullied in high school then and wanted to storm into the principal's office.

"Hey, guys." I greeted them four as I placed the key on the table.

"We're girls, you know."

"Yeah, not all people are like you."

"Like her?" Kevin asked.

"She's transsexual" His girlfriend answered. More like lied.

Kevin smiled shaking his head.

"No, really. That's the reason why her name's Vincent. She was originally a boy."

I would never win this argument. The three would just team up against me and present "proofs".

Lhyn was lying on her stomach on the floor with both her hands cradling her face watching intently as Ryoma Echizen did a twist serve. Yeah, I watched that show too. With her legs propped on the coffee table Essa multitasked watching Prince of Tennis, sending texts on her phone and posting her status on Facebook on her tablet.

I sat on the floor with Lhyn stretching my legs and leaning back on the sofa.

"What would you do if an insanely handsome guy went in your room and lied with you on the bed?" I asked to no one in particular.

"I'll do him without any second thoughts."

"And that's coming from Jessica Kurt, the sweetest girl in town." Edelyn smirked as she reach for another handful of popcorn.

"What? He's in my room, on my bed! What choices did he left me?"

"Well, he could be a lunatic murderer or a rapist."

"Yeah, Lhyn. But I don't think it would be considered rape of our friend liked it. And if he really is insanely gorgeous then it would definitely be not rape."

I turned to Yana because I don't think I should do want Essa would do. Well, I did not.

"What would you do? Or even think?"

"What would I think?" She looked at her boyfriend and smirked. "That's definitely not Kevin." She said while nodding her head.

The poor guy frowned and we just laughed.