Chapter 2- Lady Luck Must be Pissed at Me

✔death's penalty chapter two-lady luck must be pissed at me

♥SOPHIA'S POV♥

"Damn it Sophie! You had all of us worried! Are you okay?"

Trois' face greeted me. Her brows were so close together that they looked like one. Her jaws were so tense and her mouth was in a firm line. Yep, my sister was definitely worried.

Then I remembered what happened.

"I'm home." I said with a hoarse voice. I did not recognized my voice at all.

"Of course you are home. You were having a nightmare and you woke us all with your screams."

I looked around my room and I saw Ted, my sister's husband, and their five-year-old twins, Jaden and Jesse. I did not notice them earlier thanks for my sister's high-pitch voice that totally got my attention.

"Water, Towpie?" Jesse handed me a glass of water which I was so grateful for. I felt like there was fire burning in my throat. Hence why my voice sounded like a frog who was croaking 24 hours straight. Urgh!

"Thank you, Jess." I told him after I finished and set the empty glass on the on the bedside table.

"Are you going to' be alright?"

I smiled at my sister's question. Trois had always been a mother figure to me. I never met our dad and our mom died when I was six so it was her who raised me. Trois was fifteen years older than me. That was probably why some thought of her as my mother.

"Yep, thank you. Maybe you should all go back to sleep. It's still early."

My sister just nodded and held the boys on each hand with Ted following them behind. He was really like that-a man who did not talk much especially if my Trois was ranting about something.

Jaden was the same. While Jesse was so sweet and friendly and very loud, Jaden was the kind of kid who's not comfortable in a crowd. When people started to gather around him, he would eventually cry. He only wanted to play with Jesse and he was really shy.

The clock showed that it was only 2:37 ㏂. I lied down and put the blanket around me. But I could not seem to find sleep. The dream I had was bothering me. It felt so real. Until now, I could still feel my heart pounding in my chest. Did vampires really exist? Hoped not.

Urgh! What was I thinking? Vampire was only something a psycho scriptwriter invented to gain money and scare naughty children. I probably watched too many fictions. I needed to stop watching horror movies. It probably brought too much damage to my poor brain cells. Could they still be able to forgive me? My brain cells, I mean.

♥Trois' P.O.V.

She was starting to have those dreams again. She had not told me what her nightmares were about. But I already knew. Those were the same dreams she had until she was seven. The dream about the vampire who chased her inside the dark forest.

Mrs. Cruz, our neighbor told me then that those were normal and that they would eventually pass. They did but why were they coming back?

I knew I was right. I saw Sophie's state when we barged into her room. She was sobbing and holding her neck. Those were the same actions I saw from her when she was a kid.

Yes, Sophie might be my sister. But I was practically her mother. I wouldn't dream of losing her because of those nightmares.

I felt Ted tightened his arms around me.

"She will be fine, honey."

"I don't want to lose her Ted." Fear was evident in my voice. I already lose my parents. I could not bear to lose any person of my family anymore.