Chapter 12: I Met Him

✔death's penalty chapter twelve: I Met Him

♔SOPHIA'S P.O.V.:

The whole school felt gloomy.  The usual chaos before the start of classes was gone.  Students walked down the corridors with solemn faces, some with red noses and puffy eyes.

Five students of Cross Academy had been reported dead yesterday.  The police marked it as some animal attack but rumors starting to spread that it was either a psychotic person who think he's a vampire or sn occult who uses the blood of the victims for their sick rituals.  Some said there were even two punctured holes on the victims' necks.

"We just finished having our nails done.  We even argued about painting her nails purple.  I mean, purple isn't Stacey's color.  And now she's dead, I can't believe it!"

I knew I should feel guilty of finding Raizah's reaction as fake.  After all, denial was the first stage of grief.  She had been friends with Stacey since gradeschool.  And by friends, I meant having the poor girl carry her things and follow her like an eager dog wherever she went and having someone do errands for Raizah.

She continued rambling while waving her newly painted sparkly and dangerously shaped nails on her friends' faces.  That fact did not scare me though (even as her sworn nemesis), she kindly informed me that she would never risk her nailpolish being chipped just because of me.  Sincerely, I was thankful.

As I survey the hallway, no traces of my friends were visible.  That was normal.  I usually meet up with them at the end the day.  I looked up at the speaker when the announcement about the wakes and burials of the five deceased student were being held.

"Don't wander around after class.  Go straight home."

My breath hitched and I almost screamed when Death popped out of nowhere.

"Who are you, my mother?"  I hissed trying to calm my nerves.

"Nope", he said popping out the 'p'.  "I'm too hot for that role.  You're not into incest, are you?  'Cause if that's the case, I'd be more willing to be your mom or maybe your dad."

"Hell no!"

There really as something wrong with this dude.  What's worse was I was considering every word he uttered inside my room the other night.  I must be crazy.  Considering his words meant I was ready to believe that he was a vampire.

His chuckles caught my attention.  The way he smiled brought me some kind of lightness inside.  Wasn't that ironic, his name being Death?

"No bullshit.  You really need to be careful.  I can't be your fulltime babysitter for a while.  Your father tasked me with other things."

He was talking about my "not-dead-father" again.  I decided to ignore that.  "What other things?"

His eye movements quickened at my questions.  He seriously looked like a secret agent about to relay a very classified information.

"The killings."  He said in a low voice for added effect.

"Really?  Who are you, Detective Conan?"  The image from the papers earlier in the morning flashed in my memory with bright red flashing lights on the punctured holes on the pale victims' necks.

"You mean to say, those were vam—"  Death's  hand flew over my mouth preventing me from yelling the word vampires for the whole Academy to hear.

They must be, right?  Or else Death would be part of the psycho occult those killers were in.  A picture of death wearing a black robe with hood and his body painted with symbols that probably held no meaning with some disgusting animal blood.  People gathered around him chanting some gibberish language and afterward drinking the blood of those they murdered.