Chapter 3: Short Encounter with Death

death's penalty chapter three: Short Encounter with Death

♔DEATH'S P.O.V.:

As the fire in my stomach caused by hunger continued to grow, I could feel my pupils dilate and change into bloody red. I could only focus on the sweet heavenly fragrant of her life source. It was like tempting an obese kid trying to lose weight by bringing him in an eat-all-you-can buffet; like telling a dog not to eat a big bone you were offering it.

Slowly, I approached her just like a tiger bidding its time before fully devouring its prey.

How soft would that white neck feel against my lips? How delicious would her moan sound like as I drain her of her blood? How satisfying would her blood taste on my tongue? A soft groan escaped pass my lips.

'Only one way to find out--"Fuck!"

♔SOPHIA'S P.O.V.:

"Fuck!"

My eyes grew big in horror. Oops! My bad! Biting my thumbnail, I almost ran to my poor victim. The stone was not that big so I was sure it did not much damage. Well, at least I hoped it did not.

"I swear I did not mean to hit you! It's not my fault. Really! The stone! It was Mr. Stone's fault, not mine! On his behalf, uhmm... Sorry?"

Why universe? Why? Of all the people in the world, why would I had to be on the receiving end of all bad lucks today? Why?

"Hey, are you alright?"

The guy seemed to be hurt worse than I thought. He was hit in the middle of his forehead. Come to think of it, my throw was good. Maybe I should join some sports club or something. Or maybe not. I was supposed to be aiming at my precious mango not somebody's forehead.

"Hey." I called again.

♔DEATH'S P.O.V.:

Damn it! How stupid could I get? Being hit by freaking stone, really? The petty thing did not hurt at all but it brought me to think things right. I could have fed on her if that small piece of rock did not shake me out of my crazed mind.

"Hey." She called.

Lifting my sight onto her, she looked somewhat worried. Of what? Of me? She's got to' be kidding me.

"I'm fine. ‘Just caught me by surprise." I told her after drawing out a deep breath.

"Oh." Her lips stayed partly open. Her gaze lingered on me.

"Humans." I scoffed.

♔SOPHIA'S P.O.V.:

"What?"

Yeah, yeah, I know. A person who is not smart and not skilled makes a person say the same things twice. But the way he uttered the word humans and the way he scoffed puzzled me. What is he? A leprechaun? I chuckled at my own thoughts.

"Nothing." A smirk found its way to his sexy lips. Ah! Forget about his strange behavior. I just wanted nothing but to memorize each and every inch of his godlike features.

His short dirty blond hair was tousled as if he just got up from bed which made him look insouciant. He had strong and prominent jaws that add to his manly features. His perfectly arched brows match his perfectly curled eyelashes that curtained his mesmerizing green eyes. Wait, did I use two perfects in one sentence? Gosh! Am I attracted to this guy? Judging by the burning desire inside me to brush my hand along his strong jaw and to touch his lips by my fingertips; plus the fact that I found his body incredibly yummy, yep! No doubt. I was undeniably in lust with this stranger in front of me. And by the way his smirk grew wider, he knew what was running in this sinful mind of mine.