23.

"I WANNA ASK MACMILLAN OUT ON A date," Sirius started as he dropped in the seat next to Peter, "Like, a real date."

"Good morning to you too, Padfoot," Peter responded, "Yes, I do think it's a lovely morning and I would appreciate you passing me the butter."

It was the Sunday morning before exams were set to begin and the Great Hall was nearly barren. Students had chosen to remain in their dorms or head straight to the library, forsaking food in hopes of passing their exams. The Marauders, however, were not phased by the prevalence of their exams. Partially because half of them had been studying for the weeks leading up to the exam (see Remus and Peter) and partially because the other half of them believed strongly in cramming the morning before the exam (see Sirius and James).

"What inspired that?" James asked Sirius as he began filling his breakfast plate.

Sirius shrugged, "I just feel like it's something I should do, you know."

"Oh yes," Peter said with a snort, "That should be the reasoning behind everything you do for Farrah. I just feel like it's something I should do. She'd love that."

Sirius scowled, "Shut up, Wormtail."

"But he's right," Remus chirped in as he swung his feet over the bench to sit down, "You could just admit that you love her and you miss her and you want to do something special to show her that but that would mean admitting you've gone soft, wouldn't it?"

"How did you even-"

"Wolf hearing," Remus whispered, tapping his ears, "But never mind that. Mind the fact that you need to own up to your feelings."

"I can't believe you're doing this again," Sirius said, rolling his eyes. 

Ever since Farrah's run-in with the Bludger, the boys had been trying to get Sirius to confess that he was in love with the Muggleborn. Now, Sirius couldn't deny that he felt things towards the girl and he couldn't deny that the feelings he felt were strong but he also couldn't confirm that it was love. Purely because he had never experienced the emotion before. Growing up in Grimmauld Place didn't allow for such emotions so how in Godric's name was he supposed to know if he loved her?

"Paddy, my boy," James said, "You talk about her constantly. I wonder if Farrah ate yet. I wonder if she remembered to pack her extra parchment for McGonagall's class. I wonder if she washed her hair with the vanilla shampoo or the cherry-blossom shampoo. You're worse than me with Evans, and that's saying something."

Before Sirius could complain, Peter continued, "Prongs is right. Not to mention that you stayed outside the hospital wing all night, just to make sure you could be the first one to see her when she woke up."

"And," Remus added, "You even offered to skip your classes and go to hers so that you could take notes for her, even though she could just get them from any of her mates."

"In conclusion, Paddy, you're in love with he-"

"Shut up!" Sirius exclaimed, cutting James off. His outburst echoed in the almost quiet Hall, drawing everyone's attention to them. The Black huffed, waiting for the people around them to go back to their own devices before he started speaking again, "I talked about this already and I won't do it again. Now, are you guys going to help me plan this thing for MacMillan or not?"

Remus sighed, "What do you want to do?"

Meanwhile, Farrah, Regulus and Josh were stowed away in the Room of Requirement. Regulus was sat against a wall, Farrah's head in his lap as he played with her hair while Josh paced the room in front of them. The latter had ignored his friends' advice and blown them off when they invited him studying and now, he was trying to cram five years of information into his brain in less than 24 hours.