01.

1976

"MERLIN, ASHER. YOU'RE SUFFOCATING ME." FARRAH SAID as her older brother engulfed her in a hug on the platform. The scarlet Hogwarts Express stood gleaming on the railway as smoke puffed out of its chimneys, students and parents bustling around to say their last minute goodbyes.

"But Farrah," he said, dragging out the 'ah' in her name, "I'm going to miss you so much."

The dark-haired girl rolled her eyes, "I am coming home for Christmas, you know."

Asher pulled away and sighed, "But Christmas is so many months away from now."

Raising an eyebrow, Farrah asked, "Weren't you the one saying that you were so excited to get rid of me? And didn't you say that yesterday?"

Pretending to wipe tears from his eyes, Asher said, "Oh but that was when I was younger and foolish. I have aged now and I have become more experienced so I now see that you, my dear Farrah Alexandria, you are a gem that must be cherished and-"

Farrah shoved her brother playfully, cutting the twenty-five year old off, "Oh, cop on."

Asher let out a deep and hearty laugh, one that turned heads to the pair of siblings, as he pulled Farrah into one last tight embrace, "Ah, I really am gonna miss you."

Farrah smiled, "Don't worry, you'll see plenty of me for Christmas. Oh, and Josh. Can't forget him. He'll be staying with us again if that's alright."

"The more the merrier," Asher replied.

The train's whistle cried out, a shrill sound that pierced through the noise on the platform, to alert students that the train was ready to leave. Asher kissed the top of his sister's head, "I love you."

"And I love you," she said as she pulled out of the hug and grabbed her trunk, "Reach home safely."

Asher nodded with a smile, "I will. Now go on and find your friends."

Farrah boarded the train and turned back to take one last glance at her brother, waving wildly as her eyes started to blur with tears. As the train took off, she mentally scolded herself and blinked back the tears. No matter how excited she was to go back to school and see her two best friends, the part where she had to leave her brother for months a time always made her eyes water.

Maybe it was because he was all that she had left and she couldn't bear the thought of never seeing him again.

Farrah shook her head and took a deep breath, before she put on a bright smile and made her way down the train to find her friends. She walked along the corridor of the train, peeping into each compartment as she passed them until she reached one that had one of her best friends inside.

"Well, look who it is," Regulus said as his lips curled into a small smile, "I was beginning to wonder when I'd see you. I would have thought you were late but that would be completely un-Farrahlike."

"Here I am," the Slytherin girl said as she stowed her trunk away before sitting down next to him, "I would have come to find you on the platform but there's no doubt that you'd have been with your parents and no offense, Reggie, but I don't particularly enjoy being in your parents' company."

Regulus gasped, feigning surprise, "You? The Great Farrah? Disliking something? Who are you and what have you done with my best friend?"

"Shut up," she replied as she nudged him, "It's not that I dislike them. It's just, they give off this aura that completely sucks away the positivity from my body. It ruins my vibe."