09.

IT WAS THE NIGHT OF THE HALLOWEEN feast and Sirius Black was waiting patiently around the corner, keeping an eye on the entrance of the Great Hall. He couldn't let Regulus pass by without tagging him, otherwise his entire prank would go to waste.

"Padfoot," James said as he approached the boy, "Are you planning on standing here all night to watch this thing?"

Sirius shook his head, "Just waiting until I see my Death Eater family. He's bound to be with MacMillan."

James sighed, "Still pinning this on Farrah then?"

The Black nodded and James shook his head, "I'll be in the Hall, pretending I don't know this is going on."

Sirius waved his friend off, keeping his eye on the direction that the Slytherins usually came in from. His plan was genius. It had taken the Gryffindor some time to figure out the logistics of it but he had worked out a way to get the bucket of goo to fall on Farrah without him having to keep watch all night. That way, not only would they not be able to pin this on him, he could see the show from the comfort of his house table.

He had charmed the bucket to respond to a piece of cloth by tipping over and then he had concealed the bucket above the door to the Great Hall. All he had to do now was wait and get the cloth in Regulus' possession before he and his friends walked in.

Piece of cake.

While Sirius was waiting patiently for the Slytherins to approach, the trio of fifth years were in the girls' lavatory on the first floor. Farrah was sitting on the floor in one of the stalls, her head over the head of the toilet bowl, while Regulus and Josh stood at the door, looking at the girl in pity.

"Farrah," Regulus tried again, "We can go back to the common room, you know."

The girl pulled her head out of the bowl and rasped out, "No, we're going to the feast."

Josh rolled his eyes, "MacMillan, you look like trash. You smell like expired milk and you sound like someone grated your vocal cords."

"Wow Josh, don't you know how to make a girl feel good?"

"Farrah, just come on," Regulus said as the girl heaved once more, "You need to go to the Hospital Wing. Or at least, back to bed."

Farrah spat in the toilet bowl and forced herself to stand up. Using the walls as a support, she flushed the toilet before she wobbled over to the sinks. After rinsing her mouth and washing her face, she turned to the boys with a smile, "Now, let's go to that feast."

With one arm around Josh and the next around Regulus, and they holding her waist in turn, the trio of friends hobbled over to the Great Hall, despite the boys wanting to carry her back to the common room.

(Josh pointed out that they could just carry her back to the common room as they were holding all her weight).

(To which Farrah responded that she would drag herself to the feast if she had to and then, she would hex the both of them).

(Neither of the boys made any comments after that).

As the Slytherins walked down the stairs to go to the Great Hall, Sirius perked up at the sight of them. He was beginning to wonder if they weren't going to show at all. He fixed himself and prepared to intercept the group but something stopped him. His inner conscience tugged at him, Is this really something you want to do?

He did what he always did with that thought. He ignored it.

"Oi Black!" he called out, causing his brother and his friends to look up at him. They all turned to face him, Farrah in between the boys with the three of them wrapped up together, and Regulus rolled his eyes.