Chapter 4

Noticing my flustered face, the man simply smiled.

A bewitching smile, that is.

"Don't you remember me? How cruel."

Remember...?

Noticing my confusion, the man stopped smiling.

"Wait, don't tell me you actually forgot about me?"

He stared at me incredulously, and I even noticed brief agony in his eyes.

Taking my hand, he pressed it against his chest, his movement surprising me.

"After hurting my heart, you dare forget about me?"

He pulled me into his embrace, as I awkwardly stood still, not sure what to do.

This man actually seemed to know me, but I don't remember his face at all.

Squirming around in his embrace, I managed to spit out some words.

"Who are you?"

He stared down at me hard, and gave a dry laugh.

"Remember the man you rescued in the alley?"

Thinking to myself, there was a situation like that in my past life. I was going home from shopping, and decided to take a shortcut back. Whether it was that man's luck or heaven's grace, I found him in the abandoned alley I used to make my way home. The man was covered in wounds from head to bottom, his face bloody and unrecognizable.

I immediately called for help, and accompanied him to the hospital. Being a witness, I answered basic questions from a police officer, and left on my way back home.

I came back to visit him the whole month, after finishing my job at the factory. However, one day I injured my left arm severely at the factory. I was in a lot of pain, and forgot about the man I rescued.

We became friends while I visited, but I noticed he was distant, and didn't want to pry information from him. I was visiting him out of a caring instinct, not because of love or friendliness.

A few weeks had passed after the pain in my arm subsided, and I remembered that man again. When I went back to the hospital though, they said he left.

Shrugging to myself, I felt a bit bad about not saying goodbye, but pushed it to the back of my head.

I didn't get to see what he looked like towards the end though, as he was covered in so many bandages.

He had a nice, deep voice though, almost like the man I just met now-

Oh.

I looked up to see a grinning expression plastered across that man's face.

No.

Akito's face.

"Akito?"

Akito smiled even more broadly now, his persona covered in a charming aura.

"That's me."

I noticed an excitement in his voice, but I decided to resolve my confusion first.

"How did you know I reincarnated?"

Akito laughed and shook his head.

"I didn't at first. But then I noticed a red birthmark on your hand. It's proof of our reincarnation."

He held up my hand, and true to his words, there was small red birthmark on my pinky! Akito also held up his hand, revealing a small red birthmark on his pinky as well.

"So this means you're reincarnated as well?" I asked.

Akito sighed and nodded.

"Of course dummy. Has you your intelligence gone down, or something?"

I angrily pushed him, and turned my back on him playfully.

Akito laughingly hung his arm on my shoulders, pulling me close to him.

I noticed the atmosphere change a bit, but decided not to say anything.

"Do you know, when you didn't come back how hurt I was?" Akito chided me.

I hung my head in shame, and complained silently in my heart.

"Well you didn't say bye either,' I replied, finally making a comeback.

His grip got stronger, and he looked at me once again.

"Well, regrets will always remain regrets, but I want you to reply to my question: Will you marry me?"

"I know I couldn't make you happy that life, but I want to make you happy this one."

"Will you marry me please?"

Unlike his domineering proposals before, this one could be considered sweet, as Akito's voice was filled with fear and love at the same time.

Just as I was about to reply, a loud voice interrupted us.

A loud, familiar voice.

"Well, well, if it isn't Lady Hinata and Mr. Akito. What a pleasure to see you here."

I turned around to see an angry Hiroto, and a lady etched to his arm, who seemed oddly familiar.

Where could I've seen her before...

My heart suddenly felt like thousand needles were poking it, as I looked once more at the woman.

It was her.

Her!

A/n: Hope you guys are enjoying my first story so far! Please let me know if I should continue:)