FIVE

"surprise is the greatest gift which life can grant us

"surprise is the greatest gift which life can grant us." - boris pasternak
_________

Coralia's stylist had her in a dress that looked like the waves of an ocean. Fitting, for District Four. Affron, her stylist, finished the look with some flowers in her hair, and a necklace.

She watched as Cashmere and Gloss went on; watching as Cashmere faked crying. She was good, Coralia wouldn't lie. She watched Brutus and Enobaria talk to the interviewer with the purple hair, and all the way until Wiress and Beetee had finished. She turned to a Finnick, who gave her a nod, as if he were telling her she could do it. Plutarch had written Finnick's speech - it was a poem about hope. Plutarch knew that was the one thing Snow feared most. Snow knew that fear wasn't enough when people had hope. Katniss Everdeen was giving people hope.

"Our next tribute, oh, she's a sweet one. Welcome our little mermaid, Coralia Underfell!" Ceaser shouted, and the crowd roared. She walked on stage, standing next to Ceaser, who kissed her hand.

"So, tell me, Cora, how are you feeling tonight?" He questioned.

"I can't lie and say I'm not afraid. This time, it isn't strangers, it's friends, it's..."

"Someone you love?" Ceaser interrupted. She nodded, and the crowd gave out sympathetic pouts and groans.

"Now, Coralia, you volunteered for Annie Cresta. Could you, if it's not a problem, tell us why you did?" Ceaser asked. She looked out into the crowd, seeing the residents from the Capitol waiting for an answer, but more importantly; Annie sitting front row, gripping tight on her chair.

"She's my friend. She means a lot to our family. If there's one thing I've learned since the games, is that love can drive you to do crazy things. Whether for a friend, a family member, or a significant other - I find myself willing to do anything for them. No matter if it hurts me." She replied, causing the crowd to cheer.

"That's very well put, Miss Underfell. Tell you what, why don't you go stand up with the other tributes, and we'll interview our handsome male from District Four!" The crowd went wild at the thought of Finnick. Ceaser gave her a kiss on both cheeks before she made her way up the stairs, and standing next to the male from Three - Beetee. Beetee had always been very kind to Coralia; seeing how she acted with the tribute from his district in her games.

As Ceaser interviewed Finnick, she was ready to hear the poem the game-maker has written for what seemed like the thousandth time, but what came out of Finnick's mouth was completely different.

"My love, you have my heart for all eternity. And if...if I die in that arena, my last thought would be of your lips. I love you, Cora." Cora's month parted in shock, as she smiled.

After years of being scared of Snow - knowing he wouldn't allow them together; as they were his golden victors to be sold to wealthy people, Finnick had finally said what he really thought. Coralia smiled wide, because she knew that they didn't have to be afraid anymore.

This plan revolving around Katniss and Peeta; it felt right. As if they didn't have to watch what they were saying.

***

"If it weren't for the baby." Coralia's eyes widened as she looked at Finnick.

"He has to be lying, right? They can't put Katniss in games if she's pregnant, can they?" She whispered to the boy. He shook his head. She knew they said it didn't matter the condition of your health, but surely, a baby had to be different, right? There was now another life added into the games.

"I don't buy it." He whispered back. Peeta made his way up the stairs as the crowd rioted, causing Caeser to become uncomfortable. Caeser had always known how to keep his cool, even in the most awkward of situations, but he couldn't seem to get himself out of this one. Members of the Capitol screamed profanities at the man, though he had no control over anything.

One by one, they all grabbed each other's hand, raising them up in the air. Coralia's left hand was in the air with Beetee, while her right was with Finnick. Suddenly, the lights went out, and Coralia knew that Snow was most likely fuming.