THREE

"District Four..." Haymitch started, pointing at the screen.

"Finnick Odair, right?" Katniss asked, and the mentor nodded.

"Yes, he won his games at fourteen; youngest ever. Extremely humble..."

"You're kidding."

"Yes, I'm kidding, he's a peacock, a total preener; but he's the Capitol darling, they love him...along with the girl. Charming, smart, and very skilled in combat, especially in water."

"What about weaknesses?" Peeta asked. 

"One; Coralia Underfell. She's the one who volunteered for Annie. There's not a soul who doubts he loves her. Same goes for her." Haymitch explained.

"with rebellion, awareness is born

"with rebellion, awareness is born." - albert camus

________

Both Finnick and Coralia were dressed in netting. Finnick was practically naked, but Coralia was a little bit more covered. She had to stop herself from staring at the boy. She chuckled as he talked to Katniss, knowing he was probably being overwhelming. She walked towards them, touching Finnick's shoulder. He looked back at her, smiling.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Katniss. I wish it were under better circumstances." Coralia shook Katniss's hand.

"Likewise." Katniss replied.

"You know, everyone thinks that Peeta and I are the first couple, but you're all anyone talks about. I mean, people all the way in Twelve even bring it up." Katniss told them.

"We've always strayed from labels. I suppose since we were both victors, we thought we had the rest of our lives..." Finnick told her. Katniss nodded, still standing next to the horse that was pulling her chariot.

"Have a nice day." Finnick smiled, popping a sugar cube in his mouth. "Peeta." He acknowledged, as the boy walked closer.

"Finnick, Coralia." Peeta smiled. The two tributes from Four walked away, and Finnick smirked.

"I grabbed you a sugar cube, too." He said, handing her the white cube. "You really do love me." She joked. While making their way back to their own chariot, Coralia waved at an old friend. Johanna Mason. The girl smirked, winking at her. Johanna had always been a lot to handle, but once Coralia got to know her, she found out that she wasn't much different than her sister, Marina. Both had fire-y personalities, and you wouldn't want to mess with either of them - especially Johanna.

"After you, Cora." Finnick said, helping her into the chariot. Cora chuckled, getting in, and grabbing hold of Finnick's hand. He squeezed it tightly in return.

As they made their way towards President Snow, she heard the people from the Capitol shouting Finnick's name. It was no secret that everyone loved him. A few people cheered for her, but she tried to ignore it. Coralia feared the people in The Capitol - after everything Snow had put them through.

***

After meeting with Haymitch Abernathy to talk more about the rebellion, Coralia sat on the couch in the penthouse they were staying at. Haymitch knew what Snow had done to the pair from District Four; what Snow had done to many of the victors. It never got easier to talk about. The fact that her body had been sold countless times made her feel unclean. Finnick was the only person she knew who understood. He knew why Coralia had to lie to her family about going to the Capitol; as Snow would have them killed if she let anything slip. To this day, her family still didn't know.

She sat next to Mags, who smiled at her lovingly. Coralia's mother died when she was very young - probably around three years old; Marina being two. Her father had said that she had an aneurysm. After winning her games, Coralia spent a lot of time with Mags, as they were both mentors. Mags became a mother - or grandmother figure to Coralia. She knew Finnick felt the same way; he'd known her even longer. Coralia had picked up some sign language so she would be able

It was fairly late; Finnick, Annie, and Verena had gone to sleep. Coralia had asked Mags why she was still awake, and the elderly woman had signed that Coralia looked like she didn't want to be alone. Finnick had wanted to stay up with her, but he was exhausted. Coralia forced him to go to sleep.

"Mags, do you think that this rebellion will work?" She asked, and the grey-haired woman nodded.

"I can't imagine a world without the games. Children wouldn't have to be sent off for slaughter, parents wouldn't have to be scared that their baby would be reaped. It sounds too much like Heaven to be true." She rambled. Mags listened intently.

'We can do it. Snow will pay for what he's done.' Mags signed, and Coralia nodded.

'Are you scared? Going back into the arena?' Mags asked.

"For myself, no. I'm not. I was; I couldn't handle the thought of going back in there. Now, I'm scared for Finnick. I know that he would do anything to save me, and that includes giving his own life." Coralia started.

"I won't let him. I know my family would be sad if I died, but Marina has Annie, and my father is a strong man. What I'm trying to say, Mags, is that if only one of us gets to live, I want it to be him." Mags signed that they could do it; both make it out alive.

Mags walked over to her, kissing her on the side of the head, before going to her chambers to sleep. Coralia was thankful for the elderly lady. Though she couldn't speak, you knew what she was feeling. She loved everybody, even the people who didn't deserve it. I had never known my mother, but if it was anything like the way Mags took care of me, I felt robbed. I remember Mags doing my hair, teaching me how to make my fishhooks better. Besides Finnick, she was the best mentor I could have asked for.

Coralia eventually drifted to sleep on the couch, while the screen in front of her waves crashing against rocks. It reminded her of home.