Holographic Mischief

The Doctor pulled the larger of the levers down, causing the shaking and the wheezing noise to stop inside the TARIS. "We've landed...but we haven't." He beamed.
     "What?" Clara's face bestowed only confusion upon itself.
     "We're inside the Dalek ship, right at the centre. The fact that we haven't contacted a solid surface allows the hologram theory to make more sense."
     "More sense how?"
     "Holograms aren't solid, they allow other solid matter to pass straight through. However, it's not like a projection. With a projection the image would have to be displayed on a flat surface; and would be slightly transparent, but not with holograms." He walked around the console toward her, "Holograms can be programmed to appear anywhere with the simple input of coordinates for the length, the width and the height, whereas a projection has a point of origin."
     "So we're floating?" She crossed her arms.
     "Basically, yes, probably." He walked past her towards the door.
     "Why can you not just say it simply to begin with?"
     "Because that's boring." He looked back at her briefly, then opened the TARDIS door. "Oh, now that is exciting."
     Clara frowned slightly and moved toward the door, "What is? What's out there?" Standing at his side, she looked out of the door, "Oh..."
     The Doctor grinned, "Nothing. There's nothing there." He ran back over to the console, then swung the monitor round to face him, "It's just an empty shell, only the outer details have been programmed in. Obviously they weren't expecting anyone to find this." Clara turned to look at him; she had been staring out at the hollowed hologram, then closed the door and walked slowly back over to the console.
     "So what now?" She asked, fiddling with one of the switches. The Doctor watched her absentmindedly.
     "Now...now we trace where the signal for this hologram is coming from. We're directly in the centre so we should be able to pick it up quite easily." He walked back round the console to the monitor.
     "But...I don't understand, why does someone want to blow up the moon? And why use a Dalek ship? How did the explosions happen if it's just a hologram?" She asked, looking at the Doctor as if he held all the answers. Clara was hoping he did.
     He watched her for a couple of seconds, as if contemplating his answer. "I don't know why, but the Dalek ship is definitely being used as a cover up. The explosions? Well there's only really one possibility." His hands hovered over the controls.
     "Which is?"
     "Sabotage."