Captain Jack

The TARDIS materialised outside the Millennium Centre. It was a sunny day, there was a light breeze, aided by the materialisation. There were few tourists anywhere inside the Cardiff Bay Oval Basin, or near the Water Sculpture. The Doctor stepped out of the TARDIS, spun round, clapped his hands together and started walking towards the Water Sculpture. Clara stepped out afterwards, closing the door after her. She looked around while catching up with the Doctor.
     "It doesn't look much different." She said, having caught up with him.
     "What'd you mean?" The Doctor stopped and turned to her, questioning her comment.
     "We're five-hundred years in the future aren't we? Haven't they invented hover cars and floating skyscrapers yet?" She tilted her head slightly.
     "Hover cars and floating skyscrapers? No. No... Not yet anyway." The Doctor turned back to the Water Sculpture, but this time there was a man stood there. He was stood on one of the concrete slabs. He wasn't there a second ago, however the Doctor knew exactly who it was. His dark blue trench coat blowing in the light breeze.
     He stepped down from the slab and Clara turned, noticing him too. He had started walking towards them slowly, a stern look on his face.
     "Who's that then?" Asked Clara, looking back to the Doctor. He simply straightened his bow tie in response, keeping a straight face.
     The man stopped and looked the Doctor in the eye. The Doctor held his gaze. And then the man smiled and pulled him into a hug, patting his back. The Doctor hugged back awkwardly.
     "It's good to see you Doctor, changed your face again I see." He said, pulling back from the hug.
     "Ah well, you know me..always moving on." He said, then turned to Clara. The man followed his gaze to the woman with the red bag. She looked up at him wearily.
     "Hi, I'm Captain Jack Harkness." He winked.
     "Stop it." The Doctor said sternly.
     "What? Can't I say hello to anybody?" He held out his hand to her. And she shook it.
     "This is Clara. Clara Oswald." The Doctor introduced her.
     "Nice to meet you Clara Oswald." He brought her hand up and kissed the back of it. Then he stood up straight again. "I assume you haven't come for a friendly visit?" Jack said, looking back to the Doctor.
     "No. Can we talk elsewhere?" The Doctor replied.
     Jack smiled. "I was hoping you'd say that. And yes, I'll take you down to Torchwood." He turned back to the Water Sculpture and began walking towards it. Clara looked up at the Doctor.
     "How old of a friend is he?" She asked.
     "We first met in World War II. Then I left him behind because he died but he didn't die; he still can't."
     "Can't what?"
     "Die."
     "How does that work?"
     "I've no idea. It's baffled me for centuries." He started walking after Jack, Clara following behind.