˗ˏˋ 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 ┊ 𝟮 'ˎ˗

Seongwoo, Daeun, and Eun Ae settled at a nearby coffee shop.

Daeun smiled bitterly as she stared at the coffee shop workers, reminiscing on when that used to be her.

Seongwoo caught on due to Daeun's sudden mood change, and bit his lip thinking perhaps a coffee shop wasn't the best of places to reunite.

"Mommy, how you know this guy?" Eun Ae asked. pulling on her mother's sleeve to catch her attention.

Daeun snapped out of her thoughts and smiled at her daughter, as she was about to speak up Seongwoo answered instead.

"We used to be friends in university Eun Ae! I had her for biology, but I was too awkward to go up to her and just talk to her. I guess you could say we met, through a mutual friend." Seongwoo explained, staring into Daeun's eyes at the last part.

Daeun flinched and gulped, she didn't want to talk about him at this moment, and this early on.

"Anyways! Daeun, what brings you back to Seoul?" Seongwoo asked, as the cafe worker placed their cups down at the table, the workers eyes trailing over to Daeun's figure admiring her beauty, before being met with Seongwoo's glare.

Seongwoo knew that Daeun was beautiful, and he would admit that her outfit really suited her, but it was annoying to have a guy gawk at her.

"Thank you." Seongwoo gruffed as he warned the waiter silently to back off.

"U-uh well, Eun Ae and I decided that it'd be nice to come back to Seoul. It is such a beautiful and big city, that and... my previous job wasn't paying enough." Daeun trailed off, her hands holding her coffee cup as her head hung low.

She was embarrassed, embarrassed that she has to admit to her friend that after leaving university her lifestyle became laughable.

The once beautiful and untouchable Daeun, became the barely getting by Daeun, with deadlines and bills piling up on her, taking a toll on her body.

Seongwoo could tell by her eyebags, that she wasn't living an exactly glamorous and easy life. It saddened him to see his friend like this, and so if he could help her in any way he could he would.

Or he can.

"Daeun-ah, would you like a job?" Seongwoo asked her, as he took a drink of his coffee.

"Yes! Mommy job!" cheered Eun Ae as she sported a chocolate-mustache from her hot chocolate.

"Of course I would! Anything beats that old job, especially since Seoul's cost of living is so much more expensive.." She looked up at Seongwoo, her light brown eyes glimmering with hope.

"I have a job offer from a company I work under, you'd be working for the fashion department as one of the creative directors." Seongwoo said firmly, his eyes searching Daeun's for any uncertainty she may have.