PART 33

"Now then..." Madara sighed, crossing his arms.

" Madara sighed, crossing his arms

"You two are engaged. But have you decided on a wedding date?" Hashirama asked his friend. The Uchiha spared him a boring glance, then looking back to the stack of papers that laid on his office desk.

"No." Madara answered, "I have yet to tell both of our families."
Hashirama widened his eyes a tad bit, surprised by the hesitance his friend was showing. "It's making you nervous isn't it?" He mockingly smirked.

Madara looked at him with narrowed eyes. "Knock that smile off your face or else I'll take it off for you."

Hashirama brooded, crouching to the floor and hugging his knees to his chest. "I'm taking your aggressiveness as a yes to my question."
"Get up, Hashirama." Madara looked at him pitifully.

"Fine, fine." Hashirama patted his pants. "You're too much of a perfectionist and you're overthinking it, Madara. That's what I think. Just go for it."
"I do not need to be told that." Madara flatly spoke. "There is something else I'm concerned about."

"Oh?" Hashirama's eyes perked up.
"Yes." Madara met his friend's eyes with a serious face.

-

"So that's what you're worried about." Hashirama leaned towards the windowsill, looking out to the blue sky.

"Mm." Madara hummed. The Uchiha curiously rubbed his chin. "I am unsure what our two bloodlines will result in if we had children."
"Well you won't know unless it happens." Hashirama winked. The Uchiha annoyingly sighed.

"But," Hashirama pat his friend's back, "I am ecstatic for you. I never really-"
"I know what you're going to say. That you never really thought a wedding could be in my cards." Madara looked up.
"You just keep surprising me." Hashirama grinned, "Plus, she's got to be someone great to be able to handle your personality."
Madara glared at him. "Baka. I think I'm perfectly fine. Better than sulking every two minutes."

"You might just be a little stern and harsh around the edges." Hashirama's fingers indicating how much, the other itching his cheek.

Madara hm'd and looked into the sky now too, staying silent for just a moment. He thought of her face that made him grow a warm feeling in his chest.
"She is a fine woman."

Hashirama's lips formed into an o-shape, shocked by his friend's statement. Madara had a change of heart in personality ever since she came into Madara's life.

"I think it's time I speak to her family." Madara turned on his feet walking, his armour clanking quietly as he did so.

Hashirama watched his friend's back. Madara was no longer running away nor seeking the throes and thrill of seeking power, but for something else that would better him this time around. A fond smile grew on the Hashirama's face.