ⅫⅠ - The Morning After

IT'S VERY quiet, except for the faint sound of footsteps outside the room.

My eyes flutter open for a minute. The light is dimmed and muted for my benefit. Sighing as I close my heavy eyes, I massaged my temples and let out a long frustrated groan. I can't remember anything.

I open my eyes and for a moment, I'm tranquil and serene, enjoying the strange and unfamiliar surrounding. Though I have absolutely zero idea of where I am.

Fractured memories of last night come back slowly to haunt me.

The drinking — oh no, the drinking — the vomiting — oh no, the vomiting. Marcus with the girl and then Ashton holding my hair. Oh no. I cringe inwardly. I don't remember coming here. . .

I pull up the comforter that has been keeping me cozy and checked myself.

Dress - check.

Bra and Underwear - check.

Oh thank goodness!

The only thing I'm missing are my shoes and my phone. Oh crap! My parents!

Panic washes over my whole body as I grope the bed for my phone.

Grope. Grope. Grope. Pull up. Panic. Grope. Pull up. Panic. Grope. Grope. Grope. Groan.

I face palmed myself and groaned loudly. I tried to stand up but I got the head rush from standing up too fast, plus, migraine. Heavy crap of migraine welcomed me as I stood up. So instead of standing up correctly, I stumbled and swayed towards the door.

"Easy there princess."

I looked up and saw Ashton leaning at the door. He's in a gray sweatpants and gray sleeveless shirt, which is dark with sweat like his hair, and he's wearing a broad grin on his sculpted mouth. Holy hell! He must have just finished working out He looks hot!

Focus Isay. You need to go home. Even if Ashton is looking hot as hell. YOU. HAVE. TO. GO. HOME. Phone and heels remember?

Oh yeah. Right.

"Um. . . Ashton, may I please have my phone and my shoes? I have to go now."

He breezes into the room and sits on the far end corner of the bed, ignoring my query and statement.

"How are you feeling?"

Like shit, honestly.

"I'm actually fine." I halfheartedly smiled. "I just really need to go home now."

"Here." He hands me an advil tablet, ignoring me again, and points to the bedside table where an orange juice is placed.

I took the tablet from his palm and mumbled my thank you.  I fetched the orange juice and drank it greedily as it pushes the advil down my throat.

The orange juice tastes divine. I peeked at Ashton while drinking the juice, feeling uncomfortable. Why am I here?

Once I finished the juice, I gently placed the empty glass on the table again, before facing Ashton.

"How did I get here?" My tone was purely awkward and full of discomfort.

He moves closer to me. So close that he's close enough for me to touch, for me to smell. And he smells divine, mind you.

"After you puked, you kind of passed out." Shit. I flushed when the image of me puking while Ashton holds me plays in my mind.

"So, after you passed out, I got you into my car and brought you here, since I'm hundred percent sure that your parents are not very fond of the idea of a stranger, not to mention that the stranger is a hot guy." He pauses and gave me a playfull shove. I roll my eyes at him teasingly. "To bring home their very drunk daughter."