ⅩⅩⅩⅢ - Handcuffed

MARCUS's P.O.V

We managed to get out of her Audi with a little shoving and yanking. And ofcourse with a little shouting. . . Just a little though. And cursing. . . A lot of cursing. . .

Somehow, I think our bickering and fighting is just a normal thing and that with us, it would never stop. Like it's an occupational hazard with us or some bullshit like that.

I like it though, when we bicker. I like seeing how strong her personality is, how strong she is. When she stands up to me, how she wouldn't give me the time of the day when she's mad, and how she usually pushes me to the edge until I honestly want to growl at her like a beast.

Yet with all that—with all that stubborness, with all that bitchy attitude, she knows when exactly to stop.

When to humble herself down when she's gone too far or when to call out to me when I'm being cold and harsh. And the damn thing is, she knows how to do so. She very much knows how to handle me. It amazes me. She amazes me.

If only I could—

"What is this thing that is so important, that we had to be here anyways?" Isay snapped, her tone cool and irritated, pulling me out of my reverie. "It better be really important Marcus."

I smirked, glancing down on her from the corner of my eye. "Oh it is."

"It better be." She huffed, bringing her arms above her chest but stopped when her other arm was restrained.

"Don't worry love, you're still the most important for me." I teased, trying to make her smile. "No need to be jealous."

She stopped walking, and ofcourse I did too. Her face falls, becoming blank, with so little emotion. Her beautiful eyes became bland and her lips set into a dull line. She looks torned. Shit. What'd I do?

"Hey, baby doll." I cajoled, my voice dropping a few degrees in concern. "What's wrong?"

"Marcus," She breathes. God, how I love the sound of my name rolling out of her tongue. "Don't do that."

I tilt her lovely face towards me with my free hand and gaze down on her, my brows furrowing. "Do what?"

"That." Her voice was barely a whisper as she recoiled from my touch. "You're confusing me. I don't understand it."

I rolled my lips in, sighing. "I know."

"You know?" She sounds very unconvinced.

I exhaled sharply and harshly bit down on my lip, my jaw clenching as I nod. "I'm confused too."

"You are?" Her eyes widen and flashes with relief, disbelief evident in her tone.

My mouth sets into a mulish line. "Yes, I am. Honestly, I don't understand this too. It's a raw feeling Hale, I'm not used to it." I paused, remembering Claire and everything that had happened. I shook my head and dismissed her image in my brain. "Look, let's not talk about this right now." I said, before glaring at the watching crowd. They all looked away.

"Not now, not here. Let's talk after school in private. After we go and get the keys at the station. Talk about this confusion." I looked at her, and I see her face soften, a small smile on her delicious lips. She looks happy, frankly she mostly looks relieved.

"Okay." She says, her voice soft. "I guess that would be the best after all that, you know, all of that happening." She flushes.

I swiped my tongue on my lower lip and prevented a smile from escaping. "You mean the kiss?"

"Yes." She snapped, but still blushes. "The kiss. And the other stuff. You know. What happened before that kiss."

"Okay. We'll talk about all that later Isay." I smiled, earnest about this whole thing.