9: Heart Broken

~One month later~

"It's been months Zola..."

"I know..."

"You know you can't go back..."

"I know..."

"Then why!" He snaps,"why must you pester me with this nonsense from returning home when you damn well know you can't go back!"

Commodus, a man who forcefully took me from my home, made me his bride, and despised me with a passion. He, this man, has now requested...

No...

Demanded

He demanded that I forget my home, my auntie Bertha, my life. How could I? How could anyone go through with that, lose apart of yourself and submit under your spouse.

"Because I'm not going to forget my life!" I snap at him,standing to my feet and gazing up at him with a puffed out chest. I kept my ground, and I plan to keep it till the very end.

"You've tested my patience~" he growls, hovering over my small frame and burning into my soul with those eyes, those icy,cold, emotionless eyes that were bestowed upon him.

"I don't care~" I growl back," you may have control over this city, but you won't have control over me. I agreed to marry you, tried to abide with your rules, even met your family! All of that was fine, but if you dare think you can change me you are way over wrong".

One month...

One long...painful...agonizing month of this

All the emperor does is stare at me with angry eyes,refraining from doing something he'll regret.

"I'm going home Commodus" I tell him sternly,
"And you can't stop me".

I turn around,heading for the door.

"Zola!" I hear him snap,his sharp yell entering and leaving the room like a breeze.

I turn around to look at him...

"If you dare.take.another step~" he threatens,
Those bright eyes now dark with malicious intent.

I slam open the door,marching my way towards the entrance part of the castle. I'm leaving,and that's final.

"ZOLA!"

I sharply turn my head,and see Commodus running towards me....

I start sprinting down the halls,going through it like a maze. I could hear the marching of his servants and soldiers, they were all after me.

The whole castle was going into some sort of lock down, and I was the main target.

After what felt like forever, I finally was able to find the exit to this nightmare. I was so close, so very close.

Then...

I feel a strong grip on my wrist

I froze...

I couldn't do anything...

"I gave you everything...and this is what I get"

I turn to face him, the man who did this to me.

"I didn't ask for everything~" I tell him," I didn't ask for any this...and I didn't ask for you".

For once, just once, I could see the pain from my venomous words. The shock, the despair, the agony of the truth.

But that wasn't what made me shocked to the core...

No...

It was when in that exact moment...

He let me go~

He ceased his release on my fragile wrist, those pained eyes never leaving mine. He took a few steps back,then turned around and left me.

Not a word...

Not a single word...

Frightened that they would come after me, I turned around and ran down the many flights of stairs, dashing through the dirt road,the forest, the familiar places that I once resided in.

I felt awful....

The way he looked at me...

He was heartbroken...

~Completely heart broken~