5: Lesson 'Learned'

How long must I stay here?

These cell walls make me feel isolated from the world.

I hear the clatter of the cell door,"hey peasant!"
One of the guards barks,"lunch time!"

He tosses the plate carelessly onto the floor, causing the ominous food to spill onto the old rusty floor.

He chuckles,then proceeds to leave the dungeon.

I let my gaze fall limp to the floor,"why must Commodus lack so little as a small drop of empathy?"

Maybe I was meant to truly rot in this place...

~For all of eternity~

Commodus POV:

~Couple days Later~

"How have the preparations for my sister's second baby shower commenced" I ask one of my nobles,sorting through paperwork and other documents.

"Splendidly sir!" The man beams,"surely she will have the ability to celebrate tomorrow if she wished,forgive me Caesar but I must report to my quarters for further discussion"

"Good day to you" I tell him,and he takes his leave.

After long weeks of preparation my sister can finally celebrate the news of her second child!

" I must tell Zola!" I beam with happiness, springing from my chair and making my way towards her room.

Wait....

I stop myself

"Oh~"I gasp,"t-that's right...she"

I quickly remove the thought from my head, forcing my way back to where I currently was.
I pass through the hallways,my steps becoming slow and steady.

You should smile more,wanna hear a joke?"

"I despise jokes....~"

"Well your gonna hear it anyway~"

"Knock knock...."

".....whose there~"

"The interrupting cow"

"The interrupting cow w-"

"MOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

Her bright beautiful smile flashes through my mind,and I feel a sense of warmth burst into my chest.

I feel myself becoming angry

"Why must my heart do this to me~!?!" I curse with anger,grabbing my hair trying to remove the very thought of her existence from my mind.

But it was no use.....

Who could forget that sweet face

Those beautiful big brown eyes

That bright smile

And most of all....

~Her~

I let out a sigh of defeat,"Dammit~" I curse through my teeth.

I see a guard make their way past me

"Excuse me" I quickly say,he turns and bows, "what is it great emperor?"

~"Take me to the dungeon"~

Zola's POV:

I hear the metal gate to my cell open, thinking it was that mean guard I don't bother to see who it was.

"I see you've learned your lesson" I hear a stern familiar voice echoed through the cell.

I tilt my head up to meet those cold yet familiar blue eyes.

"Glad to see you your royal hineyness~" I say with sarcasm,"and by the way, what lesson is it that I learned anyway?"

"To not give me any lip next time" he says,"you are my future wife, so that means you must obey,honor, and serve me".

"Yea right" I scoff bitterly,"you might as well leave me here if you think I'm gonna do all that"

"Oh you will~" he growls,"if not I shall make you, one way or another".

"I'd like to see you try you brute" I snap at him

"What did I tell you about giving me lip!?!" He says sternly,"honestly your such a child!"

I stick my tongue out at him,crossing my arms with a huff.

He lets out an angry sigh,"Are you going to behave or what?" He asks me,"if not I will gladly keep you here much longer".

"Define 'behave'" I say with a smile,he frowns,
"Just come on!" He says.

I smile,jumping up to my feet and skipping out of the cell,"so,now that I'm free, that means we can play a game".

"I despise games~" he grumbles,opening the gate to the entrance of the mansion.

"Yaaaaaay~" I smile,skipping through the entrance,"hoooooome~"

I walk up to Commodus,and gently bop his nose."Tag your it!" I smile,then burst into a sprint through some random hallway.

"ZOLA!" I hear his voice boom with anger,along with another set of footsteps trialing behind me, "Why must you do this to me!?!"