•3•

Athanasia was standing at her balcony in her night gown, thinking about what happened at the Debutante.

"I thought I'd find you crying"

Lucas flew to her balcony. Seriously how can he just fly around as if he's walking. Athy was kinda jealous, but who knows, maybe she will be able to use magic someday.

"And why should I be crying?"

"Be honest, your dad said he'd never dance with you again, right?"

"No, he didn't! Nobody did!"

How did Lucas know that she'd step on Claude's feet?

"Why are so upset then?"

Athy sighed.

"Do you remember that girl that had the same eyes as me several years ago?"

"That chimera?"

"Yes...
Today she was introduced to Dad as her daughter. She is at the Ruby Palace as we speak"

"So what, it's not that big of a deal after all"

"Argh! Are you serious? Do you know what could happen now? I could be kil-"

No... she couldn't tell Lucas that she was reincarnated. It was too risky. He just looked at her confused.

"It's not that important anyways! You don't even care about such things"

"Hm...
But it seems to be important to you. Don't expect me to listen to her orders. Even if she is a royal, I only listen to you or the Emperor"

Athanasia couldn't help but smile. Maybe Lucas was even nicer than she thought he was. She yawned, remembering that it was already past midnight.
Suddenly Lucas was in front of her.

"Where do you always find that dirt"

He poked her forehead like he did a few days ago and Athy could feel her body being lighter again.

"You're such a handful, always needing repairs. And showing up with something weird smudged on you"

He flicked whatever he picked up away while questioning himself why he saved Athy back then. She just looked at him confused.

"What was it?"

"Just something dirty, now go back in and get some sleep"

Suddenly Athanasias body moved on it's own and walked towards the bed.

"What the heck are you doing?!"

"Lie down and get tucked in. Listen to a Lullaby and sleep tight"

Athy would have loved to get her revenge on him someday by putting him to bed by force with magic too.
She wasn't sure if this was his way of being nice or not.

"Hmph. This is no fun, I was expecting you to be crying"

Maybe he came to see her to cheer her up if she was crying about messing up at the Debutante. So he was actually being nice!

"Sweet Dreams, Lucas"

"You too"

With that she fell asleep.

But Lucas stayed.

He was sitting beside her bed and thought about many things. He thought about leaving her be, since he only stayed because he thought that it would be fun. But he knew that she'd die because of her overflowing mana. Maybe he should stay for a little while longer after all. It was rather fun. After he absorbed some of her mana he decided to visit the Ruby Palace where Jenette was staying.

He watched Jenette from afar. She was combing her hair. Maybe he should get rid of her so she wouldn't trouble the princess anymore. But Athanasia wouldn't be happy about that kind of solution so he decided to let Jenette be... for now.