•10•

"Tsk. It seems that I have to get rid of his daughter first if I want the throne back. Whatever shall I do with you, Princess Athanasia?"

The mysterious person chuckled and thought about all the possibilities how he could rid of her. Maybe he should just kill her while Claude was off guard? No, that wouldn't be fun. He wants to see the pain in his brothers eyes when he kill his beloved daughter. Should he kidnap her? But a curse would be at least entertaining. But what kind of curse?

"Hm... Ah, I know! It seems like I will have to wait before killing Claude"

With that being said he teleported away.

"Eh?"

When Athy asked Jenette to tell someone to prepare their food she didn't expect Jenette to eat with them. She had to keep Claude under control so he wouldn't take the next sword he could find to kill her. They just there in an awkward silence with Claude constantly glaring at Jenette. Athanasia had to think of something quickly.

"May I ask you how I should address you Lady Jenette?"

Good, now she started a conversation.

"Um. I don't really know. You may address me casually"

"Alright then I will do so. You can address me casually too"

"Um, then... may I... call you sister? If it's not to much to ask of you. I've just always wanted a little sister..."

Did Jenette call Athanasia from the novel little sister? If she recalled correctly than that actually never happened. But before she could answer Claude spoke up.

"You may not. I've told you before that if you offend the royal family that I'll kill you. Don't push your luck just because Princess Athanasia is here"

"Forgive me your Majesty I didn't mean to-"

"To do what? I've spared your life many times so why should I do it again"

"Dad!"

Ah, right. He couldn't kill that wench in front of her. After they all finished their meal he ordered some maids to bring Jenette back to the Ruby Palace. He wanted to spend some time with his daughter.

"You seem to like that foolish girl"

"I just thought it would be nice to spend some time with someone around my age. And since she belongs to the royal family it would be better to get to know her"

"You can have other friends than her. There are enough girls on this world who would like to spend their time with you. No need to waste it on her. And like I said you're my only child"

Of course Athy already knew that but better safe than sorry, right? But how did Claude know that Jenette wasn't his daughter. In the novel he acted as if he was her father so why not now?

"You're probably right... I should go back now since Lily is probably worried"

The rest of the day she spent her time going through the invitations. Her dad was right there were a lot of girls who wanted to spend their time with her. But she didn't know if they wanted to be friends with her or just gain a favor. The life of a princess wasn't always easy.

The next day when Athy woke up she felt weird. It was as if she had lost something important to her... but what was it? Maybe it wasn't that important after all, well anyways she should get ready to have some tea with her dad.

"Princess, where are you going?"

"What a silly question, Lilly! I'm going to the garden to have some tea with Dad"

"But his Majesty is resting. Didn't you tell him yourself to stay in bed?"

Resting? Her telling him to stay in bed? She couldn't remember doing that. The last thing she could remember from the day before was when she fell into the lake trying to help Jenette and having a fever afterwards.

"Did Dad got sick because he was in the water yesterday? But he wouldn't get sick because of that..."

"What are you talking about Princess? That was 3 days ago"

"Huh? How can that be? Is someone pulling a prank on me? I'll just go ask Dad"

"Princess!"

But Athy was already on her way. Lilly wouldn't pull a prank on her but Athy was sure that she fell into the lake the day before, not 3 days ago! She couldn't have lost her memories, right?

"Dad! Are you alright? Are you sick because you jumped into the water yesterday?"

Claude who was sitting in his bed looked at her dumbfounded.

"Yesterday? That was 3 days ago and I wouldn't get sick because of that"

"Huh? But why would you be resting then? I mean, we went on a boat trip yesterday right?"

Then Claude realized what had happened. He immediately ordered someone to get Lucas. Felix also entered the room.

"You called me?"

"Lucas? Why are you here? What's going on? And who is this guy?"

She pointed at Felix to everyone's shock.