•16•

"Your Majesty! The princess...!"

As soon as Claude heard the soldier adress the princess in a panicked voice, he immediately put his pen away and stood up.

"Where is she?"

"In the emerald palace. She is currently resting"

Claude left the soldier alone in his office and went to the emerald palace.

"No! Please let me see him! Lucas was injured because of me. You can't force me to stay here!"

He heard Athys shouting from far away. Was she talking about Lucas? It seemed like the magician was injured. So even he could bleed, huh?

He walked into the room which startled the maids. Lily wasn't in the room.

"What is going on?"

"Y-your Majesty? Forgive us, b-but we are trying to keep the princess here since there was an assassin at one of the rose gardens. T-the magician protected her with his body and got injured a-and now the princess wishes to see h-him"

"Dad! Please! Will you let me see Lucas? It's my fault... he was injured because of me!"

Athy was crying and Claude hated it.

"..."

"Dad, please..."

"Do as yo wish. But I'll come with you"

"Really? Thank you, dad! You're the best!"

She hugged him and as always he was surprised but that didn't mean that he wasn't happy. All he wanted was her to be happy and because of that he had to lift the curse as soon as possible. They went to the tower together without all the guards since Claude thought that they weren't necessary. And annoying. 

Some low class magicians showed them the way to Lucas room. As soon as they entered Athy dashed to the bed that was in the corner of the room. It was almost like she was here before. Strange. Lucas was sitting on the bed using his magic to heal his wound completely. When he saw Athy he looked surprised. Athy jumped to hug him:

"LUCAS! Are you okay??"

"Princess? What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be resting? How did you even get out of the palace?"

Only then he realized that Claude was standing behind her looking angry. Now Lucas realized why he was angry. Athanasia was lying in his arms. Oh.

OH.

Lucas felt how his face was getting hot and panicked. He pushed Athy gently away looking away so she wouldn't notice that he was blushing.

"I'm fine. I healed my injuries already so there's nothing to worry about"

He could feel Claude's rage even though he wasn't even looking at him. It was kinda terrifying. Scratch that, it was as if Claude's glare could kill him on the spot. 

"Now that I think about it it's the first time that I'm in your room. It's quite messy here"

"Actually, you've been here before Princess, but you probably forgot that because of the curse"

"Ah, right"

Athanasia gave him a weak smile. But if she didn't remember then how did she find the bed so fast? It was well hidden behind thousand of books. Nobody would notice at first glance.Except they have been here before...

 Lucas looked at Claude who seemed to think the same.

"I would like to talk to his Majesty. I'll teleport you to your room. See ya"

Before Athy could say something she was already gone.

"Could it be that she didn't forget it completely?"

"I don't know yet. I have to test it first. Could you tell me how the princess spend her time before the curse was placed on her? Then I could test if she remembers anything. And that could mean that there's a way to break the curse! So if you would, your majesty"

"Fine" 

-------------------------

I know, I know, I'm not updating that often. Sorry about that but school started and I'm kinda busy. BUT I promise you I will continue writing, so don't worry. If you think I'm completely dead than you can contact me on my instagram: ___fleurs__

(It's my art account)

Byeeee ;)

Eli