Chapter Six: Good Time.

Hey guys! I'm not too late this time! Whoo! ;) Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter :P Did you learn more about my Lily in the last chapter? Now you've heard her life story ;)

Anyway, ILY cookies.

PICTURE: Claddagh Ring. 

VIDEO: Payphone covered by Megan Nicole.

EXTERNAL LINK: Lily's Outfit at the party. 

MH x

# # # #

Chapter Six: Good Time

Scarlett:

You know,” I said loudly to a boy with spiky gelled hair, who was sitting at a table, slurping hot cocoa, with a pack of Doritos by his side. “Before you audition, you might want to take a mint.”

And me, being the confident person I am, plopped down at his table without invitation.

Excuse me?” He said, a little miffed. “Just who are you and why are you insulting me?”

I'm Scarlett Mitchell,” I stuck out my hand. “I wasn't insulting you – sorry. I was advising you. Doritos give horrible breath.”

Well, thanks, I guess. I'm Jack McKenzie.”

Hi! So, are you here alone?” I propped my feet up on a stool.

Nah, I got my girlfriend with me.” He was still looking closely at me. I brought a hand up to my cheek.

Have I got something on my face?”

He chuckled. “No, just admiring your vibrant red hair.”

I smiled. “So, who's your girlfriend? Do introduce us.”

Emma!” He called toward the left. “Come 'ere.”

A girl was soft black curls strode over, a Sundae in hand. I eyed it enviously.

Nice hair,” She said, mouth full of ice cream. “I'm Emma Harrison, Jack's girlfriend.”

Thanks,” I ran my fingers through my red locks. “I'm Scarlett Mitchell.”

Are you auditioning?” Emma asked. “Jack is. He's simply brilliant.”

I couldn't help noticing her polished British accent. “Is he now? Yes, I am. I'm here with my sister and Polly.”

Who's Polly?” Jack asked. “A friend?”

No, my mum.”

You call her Polly?” Emma looked curious. She pushed a loose curl from her eyes.

Sure, it's her name,” I shrugged. “Polly! Will you get over here, please?”

Polly appeared with Kate-Eliza, my sister. She smiled warmly at the two before me.

Hello, kids. I'm Polly Duncan. Nice to meet you, this is my daughter Kate-Eliza.”

Not Mitchell?” Jack asked nosily, referring to my mum's last name. My chest tightened suddenly.

Excuse me,” I mumbled, and scurried away into the crowd, red in the face.

Polly's divorced,” Kate-Eliza put in, helpfully. “It still hurts Scarlett. She was super close to Daddy, you see.”