Chapter Twenty: You're the Reason.

Hai, I'm back.

Slight reminder, I think this will end at around...twenty three chapters and an epilogue.

Sorry for the slow update. I'm really losing heart in this story, but it's my happy story. And it's a feel-good, simple thing to read, right?

Anyway, here we go.

And does anyone think The X Factor UK is nothing as good as previous years? #2010 #BestYearEver

VIDEO: You're The Reason by Victoria Justice.

# # # #

Chapter Twenty: You're the Reason.

Lily:

“What's this?”

I picked up a packet of Percy Pigs that were laying on the piano with a sticky note declaring them addressed to ‘Lily.’

“Thank you,” I called into the seemingly empty room. It must have been a little gift from my Secret Santa. Which reminds me, I have to give Lizzie something again.

I plonked myself down at the piano. Tomorrow was Louis’ birthday and I wanted to have the song finished by then. It was almost there, I just needed the bridge and the transitions needed perfecting.

I didn't get much of a chance to work on my song, as Louis came bursting through the doors, panting like a dog. Fingers freezing on the keys, I blinked up at him.

“Are you all right?”

“Yeah, you ready to go?”

I checked my watch. “Yeah, I am. Let me just say goodbye to Niall and the others.”

“All righ’,” Louis agreed, collapsing on the sofa and leaving me to rush out of the room and snatch up my duffle bag on the way.

To: Niall

where are ya mate? Leavin for Doncaster now, wanna say goodbye.

Niall, being the Speedy Gonzalez he is, replies almost instantly. I laughed quietly to myself as I wait in the hall, leaning against the doorframe.

From: Niall

Oh hang on a sec, don't u go anywhere! On my way back, it'll only be a minute!

I chuckled again, fingers tapping a quick response and hoping to God he isn't texting while driving.

To: Niall

You'll see me tomorrow at Lou's birthday party.

He doesn't text back, which means he must be driving. He hasn't strictly got his license as of yet, but he's Niall Horan and couldn't probably get away with murder. Especially if Harry is accompanying him.

The door of the house opens and he strolled in with a cheeky grin. As it happens, Harry is with him and is lurking back in the doorway.

We haven't strictly moved out of the X Factor House as of yet, and we are the last people to do so. Amber, Nikki and Amy offered us residence at their respective houses, but Amber and Nikki's flat is the size of a postage stamp and barely has room for themselves let alone five others; and Amy is still with her parents.

Zayn has taken up temporary housing with Amber's friend and Cher has gone back to Worcestershire. Louis has had a goofy grin on him ever since and I can't for the life of me extract out of him the reason why.