Our Folks Got No Clue 'Bout All the Shit Their Children Do

"Marinette! It's time for breakfast!" Her mom called out. 

Marinette stretched and ended up rolling off her bed. She fell to the floor with a muffled oof.

"Ow." She groaned, before standing up and taking a moment to admire the work she did last night.

Each dress had roses sewn onto a ribbon tied around the waist, which was to be worn with a matching headband. It complemented the dresses well. As for Marinette's own dress, she did the same with a navy blue one she found in her closet. 

Once she got downstairs, she was immediately greeted with a mug of hot chocolate and a plate of buttered croissants. After eating up, she went back upstairs. 

"Mama, Papa, Is it ok if Lila, Sabrina, and Chloe come over? We'll be going out later and they are gonna be helping me prepare." She said.

"OK, just take care of yourself sweetie!" Her mother said.

Marinette flashed them a smile before heading back to her room to add the finishing touches to the dresses. She then texted Lila and the others to meet at her house to see the finished product. 

"Tikki? I think it's best if you stay here." Marinette said. "I don't think bringing a kwami to a party like that is a good idea."

"But what if someone gets akumatized?" Tikki asked. "Only Ladybug can purify the akuma if that happens, remember?"

"I can just run home if that happens." She said. "C'mon Tikki, it's only one night!"

Tikki simply sighed. "You're responsible for anything that happens tonight though."

"I can take care of myself, don't worry!" Marinette said with a newfound air of confidence. 

*****

Later that afternoon the trio arrived and they all tried on Marinette's handiwork. Needless to say, they were rather impressed.

"You've really outdone yourself Marinette! You know, I'm really grateful since you are honestly the only person who would do this for us!" Lila cooed over her outfit.

"This is probably my new favorite dress!" Sabrina squealed.

"Whatever. It only looks good if I'm the one wearing it." Chloe scoffed.

"Alright girls, we can't go to a party without makeup!" Sabrina said as she began pulling out her makeup kit.

"I'm going to do Marinette a favor and let you use my cosmetics on her." Chloe handed Sabrina another kit. "Just don't waste any."

"Thanks Chloe." I said. I didn't think that the day would come that Chloe would be nice to me, and yet here we are. 

Marinette was a total knockout by the time the Miraculers were done with her. Ecstatic, she went with them to Lila's car and they drove to Ivan's house. 

Ivan's house wasn't exactly a house. It was what you would call a mansion. Once they got in, she was greeted with party music blaring from the speakers and strobe lights flashing everywhere. She was surrounded by several teens, many of which were people she saw at school, but most were new faces to her. All were up on their feet, dancing and chugging down various kinds of alcohol. 

Marinette felt nervous. She had never been to parties like these. She suddenly wished Alya was here to help her.

"Don't be so tense Marinette!" Lila said from behind her. "Relax a bit and have fun!"

The brunette somehow got hold of a microphone. "Attention everyone! I'd like to introduce the new member of the Miraculers, Marinette Dupain-Cheng!"