I Don't Learn The Names, Don't Bother With Faces

Adrien woke up the next morning with a start. Another stupid nightmare. Rubbing his eyes, he checked his clock. It was only 6 in the morning. School wasn't in another 2 hours or so, but instead of going back to sleep, he stood up and grabbed a copy of The Chronicles of Narnia from a nearby shelf. Adrien enjoyed manga and modern fiction, but every now and then he would read a few of the literary classics.

"Adrien? Why are up so early?" Plagg mumbled sleepily.

"Had a bad dream." was Adrien's quick reply.

"Is it about your mom again?" Plagg asked.

Adrien sighed. "Yeah. I don't remember most of it though."

Except he did. Every now and then Adrien would dream about his mother's sudden disappearance, and Gabriel would be the one to blame him for it. Worst case scenario, he would dream of his father beating him up, and while that didn't happen in real life, it still woke Adrien up in a cold sweat and tears streaming down his cheeks. Whenever Plagg asked for details, Adrien didn't elaborate.

After an hour, a knock came on Adrien's door. "Adrien? You should be up by now!"

"Coming Nathalie!" Adrien stood up and went on with his usual morning routine.

"Don't you have that date with Marinette?" Plagg asked after Adrien had entered the school.

He mentally slapped himself. Right.

"I may or may not have sort of forgotten because of all the static my life has." Adrien said, somewhat sheepishly.

"Don't beat yourself up, it happens all the time." Plagg said. "Besides, you have the entire day, don't you?"

"I do. Unless father is cruel enough to give me a surprise task once we're dismissed."

Plagg simply shrugged. "You can only hope for the best."

Luckily for Adrien, he hadn't heard from his father all day, and when 4:00 rolled around, he started heading towards Andre's ice cream shop. Sure enough, he spotted someone with 2 blue pigtails standing next to the shop, anticipating his arrival.

"You're early." Adrien said.

Marinette blushed slightly. "Well, you did say you had a tight schedule."

"Ah, the lovely Marinette and the fashionista model Adrien. What a surprise!" Andre said. "Peach pink like his lips and mint like his eyes!" He scoops up some ice cream and gives it to Marinette. "Strawberry with black chocolate chip! Blackberries for her hair, and blueberry ice-cream just like her sky blue stare!" He scoops up another and hands it to Adrien.

Adrien slips him a few wads of cash. Andre looks up in surprise. "I'm afraid you've handed me a little too much, young man."

"Keep the change. I'm sure you'll use it for a good cause." Adrien said nonchalantly.

"Andre thanks you from the bottom of his heart!" He said joyfully. "Enjoy your ice cream you two lovebirds!"

While Adrien looked back at Andre slightly frowning, Marinette looked like she was about to faint.

"Are you okay?" Adrien raised an eyebrow.

"Me?" Marinette asked a little too quickly. "Yeah! Of course! Why wouldn't I be? I mean, we both have in our hands arguably the best ice cream in all of Paris!"

"Mm-hmm." Adrien continued eating his ice cream. "Isn't Andre's ice cream said to bring couples together?"

Marinette's cheeks went red. "Oh, y-yeah! And the ice cream is supposed to represent the person you are in love with! Like how my ice cream has mint which represents his green eyes." Marinette suddenly paused. "I mean a lot of people have green eyes like you-well not exactly like you! Your eyes are perfect! Like the color of emeralds! Unlike others who have more darkish colored eyes!"

Adrien tried to keep up with Marinette's rambling as best as he can. "Um, thanks?"

Marinette blushed again, possibly realizing the ridiculousness of what she had just said. Before she could speak again however, a loud crash came from behind them, and a huge flock of pigeons followed.

"You shall give me your Miraculous Ladybug and Chat Noir! For I, Mr. Pigeon, shall destroy you if your refuse!"

Not again. "Marinette, get somewhere safe, I need to inform my father that I am safe and sound as well." With that, Adrien ran off.

Marinette dashed behind a tree. "Can't I just spend time with Adrien without any akumas disturbing the peace?"

"That's the sacrifice you have to make as a superhero though Marinette." Tikki said.

"Right." Marinette sighed. "Tikki, spots on!"

Once she transformed into Ladybug, she met up with Chat Noir, who honestly was more bored than usual.

"Hello m'lady." He said halfheartedly. "I can't even remember the amount of times we had to defeat this guy.

"Tell me about it. Let's just get this over and done with. Lucky Charm."

"Cataclysm."

Almost effortlessly, they freed the akuma, purified it, and sent it on its way back. Mr. Ramier apologized once again for the nth time and went to do his own business.

"We still have a lot of time before we transform back." Chat said, glancing at his ring. "What do you suggest we do, m'lady?"

"I'd really like to stay and chat, but I have a date to return to, and I hope he is alright." Ladybug said.

"And who exactly is this date of yours?" Chat asked.

"I can't tell you that. That would be giving away too much." Ladybug shook her head. "All I could say is that he is the guy I like."

A look of disappointment flashed across Chat's features for a second, but were replaced by a rather forced smile. "Well, I'd hate to keep your date waiting, so maybe next time."

Ladybug and Chat split up and Chat detransformed and ran back to the bench where he last saw Marinette. Sure enough, she was running towards him when she got there.

"Adrien! I was so worried about you!" Marinette said.

"I could say the same for you." Adrien narrowed his eyes. "Where did you go exactly?"

"Oh, uh, well, I hid somewhere so that the akuma won't find me!" Marinette blurted.

Adrien's phone started beeping. "Sorry, I have to go. See ya around Marinette."

He waved her goodbye and set out on his way home. He felt a bit disappointed that he wasn't able to have a proper date with Marinette, but some things just can't be helped.

"Hitting two birds with one stone, aren't ya kid?" Plagg said. "First you show interest in Ladybug, now Marinette. When will you make up your mind?"

"Whatever Plagg. It's not like Ladybug reciprocates my feelings anyway." Adrien sighed. "Besides, for all I know Marinette is only like all those other girls; she doesn't see me beyond the perfect model of a human being."

"Have fun with your love life. You still owe me Camembert when we get home."

"Of course Plagg, of course."