Have You Seen This Girl?

Start from the beginning

"Great!" I drove for a few moments without saying anything before I couldn't handle the silence anymore.

"You know, I would love to hear the original version of that song sometime." I spoke.

"I'm sorry?" She asked and looked at me. I looked back.

"Your song. The one you were singing at the park. You said you've made changes to it. I would love to hear the original sometime."

"Oh right. Of course. Um, yeah, I could play it for you." She went back to looking down and playing with her thumbs.

"If I were you, and I just got into the car with a complete stranger, I would be looking out the window to make sure he wasn't taking me to his secret lair, and that I knew where we were at." I grinned at her and she just blushed, but I still got her attention. She looked at me like a deer in headlights. Then I knew I hit something.

"I'm sorry, that was a little much, wasn't it?" I asked and cursed to myself. She just slightly nodded and looked back down again.

"I'm just really nervous because I don't know where I am and if you are really going to take me somewhere and kill me, just please don't put me through any pain." This got a look out of me.

"What?" I asked and a smile crept onto my lips. She really thought I was going to kill her.

"I said, if you really are going to-" She started to repeat, but I cut her off.

"I was joking. I'm not going to take you anywhere, but the burger place, then to your

house. That's all." I chuckled and turned into the parking lot. "Which we are here, by they way." I parked and went around to open her door. She stepped out and we walked to the restaurant. I asked for a table for two and we got seated right away. It's Saturday afternoon and they were moderately busy, but not so much that they were swamped, and not too little that we were totally alone.

I pulled out her chair and she took a seat. No one said anything until after our food was ordered.

"So, what school do you go to?" I asked.

"East High School. I'm going to be a junior this year."

"Really? Me too. I'm going to be a junior at East High as well. How weird is that."

"Very."

"Well I guess that's a good thing, since you need to know one person there. I can help you find your way around, and school starts Monday." I stretched and put my hands behind my head and leaned back in the chair. A small smile spread across her face and I knew this would be a good lunch.

***

After I paid and we were in the car, she directed me to her house. I walked her to her door and stopped on the porch.

"I had a good time. Thank you for lunch." She told me with one hand on the doorknob and the other around her guitar case.

"Hey no problem. I had a good time too. Maybe we could do this again sometime. But dinner is next." She giggled and I smiled.

"Definitely." After a moment passed, she spoke again. "Well I better get inside. It was nice meeting you Luke." She held out her hand and I gently took it, bringing it to me and kissing the top of it.

"My pleasure, Brooke." At the same time, I slipped a small piece of paper into her hand and closed it tightly. She blushed for the third time this afternoon, and smiled along with it this time. I let go of her hand and walked back to my car, backing out, and heading home to my house, with my father, of course.

But what I saw when I walked in made me what to walk right back out.

Brooke's POV

I opened the paper before I walked in my front door and caught my mom backing away from the front window. It had his phone number on it and the words 'Call me.'

"Mom, were you spying on Luke and I?" I asked and shoved the paper into my back pocket.

"So his name is Luke. He's a cutie." She replied and walked into the kitchen where my two little brothers were sitting.

"Hey Brett and Andrew. What did you guys do today?" I asked them.

"I'm Batman!" Brett yelled and ran into the living room.

"Okay. And what about you, Andrew?" I asked.

"I helped mommy make cupcakes. You want one?" He asked and I couldn't say no to that pretty little face.

"Of course I would like one." He jumped up and ran to the kitchen table and grabbed a chocolate cupcake off a plate.

"Thanks, little man." I took a bite and he was waiting for me to say how I liked it.

"Wow! This is delicious! You should make these more often!"

"Okay!" He replied and ran into the living room with Batman.

"How was your day, mom?" I asked and grabbed a bottle of water out of the refrigerator.

"Just fine. I unpacked a little more and went shopping. Oh and made cupcakes."

"Sounds like a lot of fun."

"It was. Now how was lunch?" She asked and looked at me.

"Good. Turns out Luke is a junior at East High School too. Now I have a friend there." I told her.

"We'll that's good. I'm glad you had fun."

"Me too. I'm going to go unpack some more."

"Okay, honey." I kissed her on the cheek and went up to my room. When I got up there, I set my case on my bed, then pulled out Luke's number and programmed it into my phone. My first friend here. Maybe this town wasn't so bad after all.

I had a good day.

**********

PLEASE READ THIS.

The first chapter has been edited from the original story. It may not go along with the rest of the story. So please keep this in mind as you read and I strongly suggest you wait for me to edit the entire story before reading it. I'm hoping to have it done but the end of the month, and this message will be gone when the whole story has been edited. When I say edited, I don't mean grammar mistakes, I mean practically the whole story will be changed. So just give me a little time and it will be good as new.

Thank you so so so much!!!