Chapter 14

Brooke's POV

"You bitch!" Luke yelled at him mother as he picked up a lamp and threw it at her. "I can't believe you!"

"Lucas!" Melissa (Luke's mother) screamed as she dodged the lamp.

"Hey man, control yourself." Adam put a hand on Luke's shoulder. He swatted it away.

"How the fuck am I supposed to calm down!?" He pointed to his mother. "That bitch stole $2000 and gave it to me! And now she wants it back! But I'm not giving it to her!"

"I need that fucking money, Lucas!" Melissa walked towards Luke and he got a scary look in his eyes, like he wanted to murder her. They were about a foot away from each other, then Adam got in between them and took Melissa to the kitchen.

"Brooke! Take Luke outside to calm down!" Adam yelled from the kitchen to me. I got kinda scared when I walked up to him and his head was down; fists clenched. I couldn't see the look in his eyes, becasue they were closed. I gently put my hands on one of his closed fists.

"Come on, Luke. Let's go outside." He unclenched his hand and wrapped it around both of my hands. He continued to look down as I led him outside.

I closed the door and we both sat down. Our hands were still interlocked. I looked at Luke and he was crying. I wrapped my arms around him and he wrapped his around my neck. I nestled my head into his chest and whispered...

"It's okay. I'm here for you."

Luke's POV

I'm so lucky to have a girl like Brooke. She's helped me through all of this. I love her, I really do. I hugged her tighted and cried into her shoulder.

"It's okay, just let it all out. I'm here for you." She whispered as she rubbed my back.

"Thank you." I whispered back. I couldn't find my voice. We sat there for what felt like hours, until she pulled away.

"Are you a little calmed down now?" I nodded my head. She took my hand and we walked in to see my mother and Adam sitting on the couch.

"Look, Lucas, I don't want a fight. I just need that money." My mother stood up. Brooke squeezed my hand to tell me to stay calm.

"I don't have it." I stayed as calm as I could.

"But Lucas you don't get it-"

"No you don't get it." I got angry.

"Luke, calm do-" Brooke tried.

"I can't calm down! That bitch wants money that I don't have! She also killed my father right in front of me and then left me for twelve years! How can l calm...down!" On the last word, I grabbed a chair and threw it at her. "I want you arrested!" I stopped and my mother came at me and attacked me. Just then, the door burst ope- HOLY FUCK! That did not just happen! My mother did not just kick me there. I doubled over in pain, I couldn't speak or anything. And she's...continuing to...kick me...everywhere. Then she was gone and I haeard screaming. Brooke screaming.

"Help! Get her off me!" I no longer felt pain and got up.

"You bitch! Why would you call the polic-Hey! Get your hands off me!" The police grabbed my kicking mother and dragged her out. I looked at Brooke, who was starting to get up, and then at Adam. We both looked shocked. I looked back at Brooke-or where she used to be! I ran outside. She was nowhere to be found.

"Brooke! BROOKE!!!" I screamed. I searched my pocket and found a picture of her and me at the park one day. I ran around town.

"Have you seen this girl?" I asked everyone I could see, and they all said no. I kept asking people. I wasn't going to give up. Why would she just up and leave? I just wish none of this would've happened. Nothing with my mother or her ex. Or her mom's new boyfriend or even her father.

I went into shops, cafe's...everywhere. I will never give up.

I was walking past the bridge and saw a huge group of cars and people. The cars were formed in a half circle, so I couldn't see anything. I walked around a couple cars and weaved between people. Then I say the attention. My heart stopped and my blood went cold. Brooke was standing on the edge on the bridge. I started running.

"Brooke!" I yelled.

"I swear to God Luke if you come any closer I will jump off this damn bridge!" I stopped dead in my tracks.

Brooke's POV

My life is way too complicated to just do nothing. Luke stopped dead in his tracks. His face filled with shock, sadness, anger, and sorrow. I didn't want to do this, but I had to.

"Please...Brooke...just d-don't jump." His eyes were getting teary as he slowly walked towards me. I tried to jump, but my feet wouldn't let me.

"I can't go on like this..." I started to cry. Now Luke was about a foot and a half from me and the space between us was getting smaller.

"I love you, Brooke. Don't...jump!" At the last word, Luke lunged at me and the last thing I heard was screaming before I jumped...