Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Brooke's POV

Luke left around ten-ish and I went inside. My mom wondered what I was doing so I told her.

"Luke took me to the amusement park." I said.

"Really? That's great! Did you have fun?" She asked me.

"Yeah. I had a blast. I actually just got done singing him my original song."

"Oh yeah? Did he like it?"

"I think so." I smiled.

"Ooh I think Brooke has a crush!" My mother chanted.

"Do not! Stop it!" I told her when she continued going.

"Brooke has a crush! Brooke has a crush!" She went on.

"Okay, okay! Fine! I might like him a little bit. But it's not a big deal!"

"Oh whatever! Why wouldn't that be a. It deal?"

"Because he's leaving for California."

"He's what?" She looked at me.

"He moved out of his dad's house, began to live with his mom, and I think she found a house there. So first they're going to visit, then they're moving." My face fell and I looked at me feet. All I've been thinking about lately is him moving and how I won't be able to see him again. I can try to make the most of the time we have left, but I know that it all won't matter because he'll be gone.

"Oh honey I'm sorry. I had no idea." She came over to me and took me in her arms.

"It's okay. I guess I'll just have to deal with it. Anyways," I pulled away. "I'm pretty tired so I'm going to go to bed."

"Okay well I'll see you in the morning. Goodnight, honey. Sleep well."

"Thanks mom. Night." I walked up the stairs with my guitar to my room. I made sure to be quiet by my brothers' rooms so I don't wake them up. I closed my door and set my guitar back on its stand. A little while later I heard my moms door close. I changed into my pajamas and shut off my light. I crawled under my covers and tried my hardest to fall asleep.

I tossed and turned all night and finally drifted into a light sleep around three in the morning. I ended up awake again at six-thirty and decided to just stay awake. Maybe I'll figure out something to do today. I wonder if Beth is busy. That was crazy the other night. I'll have to remember to never take something from a stranger anymore. Even though I knew Chad, only since that day, I still was a little unsure about him. I guess I should've gone with my gut.

I got up and jumped in the shower. I stood there until the hot water ran cold and got out. I walked downstairs in my robe to get something to eat. I took out the toaster and bread and made myself a peanut butter toast sandwich. I walked around the kitchen because I didn't feel like sitting down.

I went back up to my room and checked my phone. I had a text from Luke.

'Hey.' It said.

'Hello.' I sent back.

'Busy today?'

'Nope. Maybe I'll go shopping.'

'I can go with you if want company.' I smiled at that message.

'Sure that'd be great!'

'It's a date!' I smiled again. I wonder if he means a real date.

'Okay can't wait!'

'What time will you be ready? I can pick you up.'

'Probably around ten.' I looked at the clock and it read eight o'clock. Wow. Time flew since I've been up.