Chapter 11

"So... What do you think?" I asked Brooke as we pulled into the parking lot of the amusement park. I thought I would surprise her with this, but that was before I knew she would end up in a different town. I didn't think that mattered, so I brought her anyways. We didn't have as much time as I thought, but might as well make the most of it, right?

"It's great! I love amusement parks!" She exclaimed excitedly.

"Really?"

"Yeah! They're one of my favorite things!" I found a parking spot about as close as we were going to get and we got out. We walked to the front gate and and gave the man our tickets.

"What would you like to do first?" I asked once we got inside. She thought for a minute and then widened her eyes.

"Ride the biggest roller coaster here!" She yelled excitedly.

"Alright then!" I yelled back and turned to find a map. "Let's just see where-" I was suddenly jerked sideways and pulled away.

"Hey what're doing?" I asked.

"Going to the roller coaster!" She replied.

"How do you know where it's at?" I asked and she stopped dead in her tracks and looked back at me.

"Really? I know this place almost inch by inch. I think I know where it's at." I put my free hand up in defense and she dragged me away again. As we approached the roller coaster, my stomach dropped. I looked up at the 456-foot high structure and I'm pretty sure I looked terrified because Brooke squeezed my hand.

"There is no way in hell that I'm going on that thing." I told her.

"Aww come on. You asked me what I want to do and this is what I want to do."

"Then go ahead, but count me out." I turned to walk away, but she pulled me away against my will.

"Oh no no no. You're coming with me whether you like it or not." She told me and I groaned. We got in line and as it inched forward, I got more and more fearful, but tried not to show it. She seemed to notice.

"What?" I asked when she looked at me.

"You're scared." She stated and smiled.

"Am not." I said and looked away from her.

"Are too." She poked me in my side. I shook my head. "Yes you are. You don't want to go on this ride."

"Not really, but I'm not scared."

"Fine. Be that way." We reached the front of the line and and got in the front row of seats. Wonderful.

"Ready?" Brooke asked me as the roller coaster began its track. I just looked at her and she laughed. "You better be!"

We began to go up the vertical incline and I could feel my heart pounding in my chest. As we neared the top, Brooke grabbed my hand and squeezed, which is was pretty sure more for me than for her. Two other people were sitting next to us so we were the first ones to be able to peek over the top of the hill. Now my stomach was in my throat and I saw the drop and felt like I was going to faint. The wind suddenly picked up, my stomach dropped back down, and we were rapidly speeding toward the ground. I didn't even know it but I guess I was screaming. I heard the voices from the other people around me and noticed they were screaming as well. We went around turns and curves and up hills and down until we were suddenly stopped. I looked over at Brooke and she had this huge grin on her face.

Everyone piled off the roller coaster and we found a spot to stand off to the side of the main walkway.

"Did you have fun? 'Cause I did!" Brooke told me.