Step Nine: Let The Alien Into Your Room

What do you think of the new cover? I like this one better XD

C and V :P

And don't forgot to check out the vid and photo on the side >>>

XD

ENJOY!

Tyler~

“Chinese?” Neil asked me, standing at the kitchen bench flipping through take away menus he'd gotten in the post. I was sitting on the couch watching a repeat of Futurama.

Chinese... Max... kissing...

I reached up and touched my lips with my fingers, fingering my bottom lip. Max's eyes, they were supposed to glow, they weren't supposed to be black and glossy like that. He had lizard eyes.

I groaned and slumped backwards on the couch, slipping down. It's not fair. Why did he have to be one of the bad guys? He was hot, a great kisser, and there was just something about him... I couldn't stop thinking about him. I mean, I know I hardly knew him, and he's an alien but... but...

“So no to Chinese then?” Neil laughed from over in the kitchen, I couldn't see him anymore from this sloped angle, but I heard the shuffling of pamphlets on the counter top.

“It's not that,” I sighed, rubbing my face over with my hands to try and clear my mind.

Sorry,” Max had said, “That wasn't meant for you.” I stared at him wondering what it'd been about.

The eyes weren't meant for me? They were meant to scare off the aliens? But he'd killed them before, and his eyes hadn't done that. Was it really okay?

You're... eyes,” I had mumbled, trying to pull away from him. He let go of me like he understood, but he didn't try and explain himself. Then he said goodbye and left, not even trying to walk me home again. And now I was left with a sick feeling swirling around in my stomach.

“How about pizza. I can order your favourite, chicken and pineapple on BBQ sauce,” Neil offered. He knew something was up, but he didn't want to address it. Neil was great like that, and I was glad I was here with him rather than at home. Neil got when I didn't want to talk about things, and left me alone. My parents would have called a family meeting and drilled me for details.

“Sounds great,” I sighed and leant forward over my knees. I could feel the tension coming from Neil. He wanted to ask me what was up, but was fighting the urge not to say anything. In the end he called for pizza and then sat on the couch beside me.

Without saying a word he handed me his half drunken still cold beer and folded his arms over his chest. I looked at the cool drink, smelt it, then took a swig.

“I wasn't going to ever tell you this...” my uncle started. The way he said it wasn't uncomfortable, but reluctant.

“Mm?” I asked, taking another longer mouthful of beer.

“I've heard a few rumours going around school...” Neil continued. I had a feeling I knew where this was going. Neil had heard about me and Max. “I heard you and the new kid are getting along pretty well.” Yep, I was right. You know it was funny, I hadn't even thought about telling my family yet. Probably because it was a new and complicated matter. Not just because I was now bisexual, dating both a guy and a girl, and that my boyfriend was an alien. But because of the whole 'was he a bad guy?' thing.