Prologue

A/N:

This is my first story tell me what u think, I know it probably sucks but I would like to know what everyone thinks please be gentle with me :)

- Isabella-

(Isabella/ Bella's POV)

Greetings, I am Isabella Marie Salvatore, or perhaps you may recognize me as Isabella Marie Mikaelson. However, if those names do not ring a bell, then surely you are familiar with Isabella Marie Swan, the former paramour of Edward Anthony Masen-Cullen. But I digress; allow me to recount my tale from its inception.

On the auspicious date of October 13, 1847, I, Isabella Marie Salvatore, came into this world. My arrival occurred approximately ten months after the birth of my esteemed half-brother, Stefan Antonio Salvatore. It is worth noting that following Stefan's birth, my mother, Lily, experienced a temporary separation from her spouse, Giuseppe. During this period, she sought solace in the company of my aunt Cora, residing in the picturesque state of West Virginia. Accompanying her were my half-brothers, Damon and Stefan. It was during this interval of separation that my mother fortuitously encountered my biological father, Niklaus Mikaelson, an original vampire. And so, it came to pass that I was conceived.

A mere three weeks after my conception, my mother, Lily, returned to her husband, Giuseppe, and resumed her life in the enchanting town of Mystic Falls, Virginia. Alas, she remained blissfully unaware of my existence, but such ignorance was not destined to endure for long.

In a rather peculiar turn of events, my mother managed to convince her husband that I was his biological daughter, thus granting me the name Isabella Marie Salvatore. It remains a mystery whether my mother was aware of the fact that my father was, in fact, a vampire. Unfortunately, she did not survive the arduous process of giving birth to me, leaving me to face the constant reminder of her absence in my life through the words and actions of my stepfather, Giuseppe.

It was when I reached the tender age of fifteen that a significant event unfolded in my life. My brother, Damon, returned home from the war, accompanied by a close companion of his. This marked the first occasion on which I had the pleasure of meeting Major Jasper Andrew Whitlock. Jasper, being approximately three years my senior, possessed an air of uniqueness that captivated me from the very moment our paths crossed. During his stay at the Salvatore residence, Jasper and I formed a bond that grew remarkably strong, perhaps even surpassing the boundaries of what was deemed appropriate during that era. Alas, after a mere three weeks, both Jasper and Damon departed to resume their duties in the war. Little did I know, I was left with not just one, but two small fragments of Jasper Andrew Whitlock, forever etched in my heart.

Upon my return, a mere month had passed before I received the life-altering news: I was with child. To compound matters, my beloved Jasper, my pillar of strength, was nowhere to be found, classified as Missing in Action, or MIA. The ensuing eight and a half months were fraught with anticipation and uncertainty, until the day arrived when I brought forth two precious souls into this world. A daughter, whom I christened Prudence Marie Salvatore Whitlock, and a son, whom I named Damien Jasper Salvatore Whitlock. It was the year 1864, a time when the world was embroiled in turmoil, yet within the confines of my own existence, the birth of these twins brought a glimmer of hope and joy.