sage training

Chapter Twenty-Two: sage training

Finally it seemed to be over as the four Akatsuki that came to capture the three Jinchruki had been killed off. The three Jinchuriki seemed to breathe a sigh of relief but, they knew that it wasn't over yet as there were more members of the Akatsuki out there and that they could come and strike at any time. The three Jinchuriki knew that they had to be ready for when the Akatsuki came again. The chunin exams never got completed as both the Hokage and Kazekage had a feeling of whom they would like to promote to the ranks of chunin. Thanks to Tsunade's expert healing skills, she managed to cure Rasa of Sasori's poison and create an antidote in case either Sarutobi or Yagura needed it. Isobu transformed back into Yagura as the young Jinchuriki wanted and felt like the mist and leaf needed to become allies. Rasa seemed to feel the same way as it seemed that these Akatsuki where a threat to all of the various ninja villages whether or not they held Jinchuriki within them. Sarutobi agreed to the alliance as he and the other two kages drew up a contract before they left Konoha.

During that time, Neji spent what time he could with his newfound mate Gaara not caring about how his family saw or thought about the Tanuki. If he learned anything from his cousin's Hinata and Angel, that there was no stopping how your body reacted to your true mate. The Hyuga clan needed to adjust to the fact that the clan will and no longer be pure breeds. Neji wasn't the only one spending time with his new mate, Shikamaru was doing the same. Angel spent time with some of her extended family and getting to know Naruto. When she learned that the blonde Kitsune held the nine tailed fox within him, she couldn't blame the young Kitsune for the death of her family. She learned from Itachi that Naruto didn't lead a very easy life until he came to live the two Tengu. Angel seemed to like the blonde Kitsune as he had this vibe to him that made her like Naruto and want to protect him. She found it hard to believe that the villagers would make his life miserable all because of what he has sealed within him. Naruto was not the nine tailed fox, only its jailor and holder.

After the ninja who had come to participate in the chunin exams left to return back home, Sarutobi made an announcement at who the fifth Hokage was going to be. He had chosen Tsundae Senju to succeed him as the old bear demon knew that he could no longer continue to protect the village. It was time for someone younger to take charge. The Komainu was a logical choice. The lion dog demon accepted the position as she told everyone that she will do her best to protect the village that her grandfather built and founded. Over the next several days things returned back to normal in the leaf village. Tsunade and Sarutobi called Shikamaru, Naruto, and Sasuke to the Hokage office. The three demons knocked before they were told to enter. The three demons entered the office to find Tsunade sitting behind the desk with Sarutobi by her side going over paper work.

"Ahh...... thank you all for coming. I know that you three are wondering why I had called you here. The three of you showed the most promise during the chunin exams as you also played an important part in helping defeat the Akatsuki that attacked the village. There for you three have been selected to become chunin." stated Tsunade as she had brought out three chunin flat vests putting them on the desk. One specially altered for Sasuke because of his wings. The three demons took the chunin vests from the Hokage nodding their heads slightly. "I hope that you three will continue to protect the village and those within it."

"We shall do our best!" exclaimed Naruto causing Sasuke to nod his head. Shikamaru sighed softly stating how troublesome this promotion was. The demons in the room knew that Shikamaru meant no offense by his words. It was just the way that the young Nara was.

Suddenly the door to the hokage office burst open as Jiraiya entered the office. This caused everyone to turn to the toad sage wondering what he was doing there.