Chapter 12

The sunlight streamed into my room, waking me up. I woke up with a start. Today was shopping spree day.

 I quietly tippy-toed to the bathroom. After taking a shower, I quickly went back to my room.

 I settled for a black skirt and a white tank top. I also put on a small rectangle glass pink gem necklace.

 I put my hair into curls as usual.

 I didn't want to fall asleep in my bed again. One time when my mom planned for us to go shopping, I woke up and went back to sleep.

 I had to hurry and get myself ready.

 I'm not letting that happen again.

 As I put on a little of my makeup, I heard Candi get up.

 "Oh my goodness. It's shopping day today!" Candi screamed. She ran for the bathroom.

 She must of woke everybody up because I began to hear Mom growl in anger.

 "Candi, please don't scream next time," Mom scolded.

 I smirked and continued to put on my makeup.

****

 We waited for Punk in the living room.

 "I can't wait, I can't wait!" That's all I heard from Candi right now.

 "Candi, stop. He'll be coming. Just hold on," Mom said.

 Only Candi kept bouncing around some more. "Sorry, Mom. I just can't wait."

 "Here's twenty bucks for both of you," Celia said, handing us each a twenty. "I know Punk said he'll buy for you but I don't want you guys to bankrupt him. It's good that you guys have your own money too. Just in case you want something that you guys can pay for yourselves."

 "Thanks, Aunt Celia," I said.

 Candi eyed the dollar like it was gold.

 We heard a car honk.

 "Bye, Celia, Mom, Willhelm, Dad," I said, hugging them and kissing them. Candi and Lukas did the same.

 We ran out the door.

 Punk sat in his car, laying back with sunglasses on.

 I got in the passenger seat and put my seat belt on.

 I checked out Punk.

 He was wearing a black long sleeve T-shirt with a long sleeve white T-shirt under it. He also had on jeans and black shoes. He had his hair up, all spiky as usual.

 "What's up with the look?" I asked, glancing at his black sunglasses.

 He smirked. "I gotta look good sometimes," he said, shrugging.

 I smiled.

 "Ok, how is this going to work?" Punk asked, looking at the backseat.

 "How many friends are you bringing along?"

 "Two. One of them will meet us over there."

 "Where?"

 "At Forever 21."

 "Sounds good," Punk said. He then pulled into reverse and we were off to the mall.

****

 The Chicago Mills Mall is huge. I'm not kidding. It's two stories and has almost every store that I've been in California: Forever 21, Spencer's, Hot Topic, Love Culture...it's really that big.