Chapter 11

"Wow, sounds like you have more fun with Punk than me," Annalynn joked.

 I began to call her when I got home, telling her to be ready for tomorrow since Punk promised to take me and my friends out for a shopping spree.

 Annalynn said she was totally going to be ready. She already contacted Raynee and Evelyn. They'll be ready too.

 "Well, he has been nice lately," I said.

 "Yeah, he's probably only being nice because he knows that you pouted about him staying," Annalynn continued. "Goodness, at least you have someone who isn't as pushy as Roie is. She's been nothing but a pain in the butt."

 "What did she do this time?" I asked, giggling.

 "Well, she asked Mom about why did they give kids 2 months of summer off? I mean, it was pretty pointless if we were going to go back to school. Then she gave me and Harold a lecture on why we shouldn't be all disobedient to our parents. She argued that girls were being too worried about their weight and how anorexia will one day rule them all and how boys will follow the same path but find a use in bulimia as a more better option. Also how that eating disorders are the 'scum' of the century. Blah blah blah...I think I can't take it no more."

 "Just be glad that she'll be leaving soon," I said. "It's this week that she's going to leave right?"

 "Yeah, like, on Sunday."

 I rolled my eyes. "Just be glad that she'll be leaving in...5 days?"

 Annalynn yelled in anger. "Ugh, I love her and all but she's such a pain in the ass. Poor Harold can't go downstairs without her investigating his whole life story."

 I giggled some more. "Don't your parents realize what a pain in the ass she is?"

 "I think my mom got her own taste of medicine. She was sitting next to Roie during dinner and Roie kept asking her nothing about if we will be affected by the racial groups. I'm like the what heck? I mean, Dad understands it and now Mom realizes what we have to put up with."

 "How's Harold?" I asked, wanting to change the subject. I know that if there was one more thing about Roie, Annalynn would have a fit.

 Harold was Annalynn's little brother. He was very active and he went from playing sport to sport, from basketball to soccer to football.

 Annalynn's mom said that he might eventually be drafted into many teams like Green Bay Packers to Chicago Bears.

 "He's fine. Being sporty and active. He stays in his room a lot or goes outside to escape the wrath of Roie. I feel his pain."

 "Poor Harold," I said. "So are you ready for tomorrow?"

 "You bet I am. Watch me buy the whole store."

 I laughed. "I think Forever 21's going to be bankrupt a little while."

 "Hey, Ser?"

 "Yeah?"

 "Do you think that Punk's doing this just because he's being nice? I mean...I can't picture it being more out of the boundary, if you know what I mean?"

 I nodded. "Yeah. Punk's only doing it so I won't have to kiss his ass so much, you know?"

 Seriously, I can't picture Punk doing all this stuff just because he thought I was pretty or something. It was all because of the fact that I couldn't hang out with my friends during the rest of my summer. At least I wasn't the only one who was rejected with an unhappy summer.

 Annalynn was stuck with Roie.

 However, this summer is starting to turn out great.

 Really.

 Ever since Punk came, I've been having the time of my life with him.

 I really couldn't wait for the party too.

 I already asked Annalynn and my other friends if they would like to come. They totally agreed and they promised to ask their parents.

 "Your cousin is hot," Annalynn said.

 I blinked. "Who?"

 "Punk."

 "He's my step-cousin."

 "Whatever. He's hot. I'm sorry to say that. I'm glad he got rid of that long shaggy hair. There was nothing wrong with that but I prefer the short hair for him."

 A stab of jealousy entered my heart. Huh? What is wrong with me? I never got mad at Annalynn for anything unless she's making me do things like enter the talent show.

 Why was I getting mad at her for thinking that Punk was hot?

 "Do you think he's hot?"

 "Who?"

 "Punk."

 "He's good-looking is all I can say."

 "Would you totally date him if he asked you out, as in, if you're totally unrelated to him?"

 "Only if I knew him well enough."

 "I would say yes! I mean, when do you stumble across a sexy beast like that?"

 "Anna?"

 "Yeah?"

 "Can we please not talk about Punk no more?"

 "Why?"

 "I don't know. I just feel uncomfortable right now."

 "Oh, I see. Are you still mad at him for the whole ruining summer thing?"

 "Not much."

 "Well, that's good. Goodness, it's Roie again. I have to go. See you tomorrow."

 "See ya," I said. I hung up the phone.

 I sighed.

 A warm breeze entered the room.

 I looked out my window.

 It was a nice night out today. The sky was dark and vast with twinkling stars.

 I heard Mom call us down.

 "Kids, Punk's leaving, say goodbye now."

 So I went downstairs to say goodbye to Punk.

 "Bye, Phil," Candi said. Punk picked her up and hugged her. "See you tomorrow, sweetheart," he said. He put her down and rustled Lukas's hair. "Bye, sport."

 He came up to me. He hugged me, his hands slipping behind my back. "See you tomorrow, Ser."

 I surprisingly hugged him back. "You too, Punk."

 He let go of me and smiled.

 He turned back.

 "Alright, guys. I'll come by tomorrow at 12 to pick up the kids. Goodnight."

 Don't go I wanted to say.

 Crap. Since when did I want to tell that to Punk? I never thought of that.

 Instead, I waved and watched him out the door.