Chapter Seven: Something's Messed Up

The next morning, Braedey, Diana, Jessie, Tyler, Andrea, Daphne, Mary Jane, Shaggy and Scooby-Doo were all sleeping down on the beach, trying to get some hours of sleep they had missed after their frightful encounter with the demons last night. That was one evening they wouldn't forget for a while.

Diana then felt she was hit in the head by a beachball, and it woke her up, along with Braedey, who was sleeping on top of her. The two of them sit up, smile to one another, but as they look to the water, they frown. There was no Coast Guard ships around the place, and it was too quiet. Way too quiet. But, as the two turn around to look over to the buildings, they were shocked by what they saw: the whole front of the Spooky Island hotel was completely unharmed and was brand new, like nothing had happened!!

 But, as the two turn around to look over to the buildings, they were shocked by what they saw: the whole front of the Spooky Island hotel was completely unharmed and was brand new, like nothing had happened!!

"Something messed up is happening on this island." Braedey breathed out, as the others woke up also.

"What? Is the Coat Guard here?" Shaggy woke up.

"No. Look." Diana pointed over to the hotel.

"Like, what happened to the shattered windows and the busted walls?" Shaggy was confused, too.

"It's like it wasn't even there." Tyler added in.

"Yo, Red!" A blonde in pigtails wearing a blue and white bikini called, walking on the beach. "Ball!"

"Huh?" Daphne saw the volleyball, then tossed it up and threw it back to the girl. The girl took the ball and walked off to continue her game. "Let's go." Daphne told the others.

The group left the beach, then they heard some pop music playing. Maybe someone they knew would be there, or better yet, maybe some help. As they looked around, they saw that everyone was acting as if nothing had happened in the first place. There were people they had seen last night also here, like they didn't remember what happened.

"Does anyone find this strange?" Shaggy asked, rather confused as he looked around

"It's like they didn't know what ever happened here last night." Tyler muttered. "Something's definitely wrong around here."