14

ITS ONLY 14 CHAPTERS??? I SHOULD REALLY REWRITE THIS CAUSE THE STORY IS GOING TOO FAST AND VERY PREDICTABLE.

Scott POV

The whole pack lingered in the kitchen as they search for anything they could eat or replenish their strength. They one by one grabbed a bottle of cold water from the fridge and drank it hungrily, while Lydia and Kira are trying to make a proper sandwich for all of them in the countertop. Liam eyed the two women making sandwiches; waiting for a finished sandwich to snatched discretely. Derek grabbed a cup and poured himself a cup of coffee after finishing a bottle of water and a banana from the bowl of fruits on the dinner table. The whole pack finally took a break and divert their attention from training.

My thoughts railed back to Red mentioning that the enemy we are against are beyond our current capabilities and nowhere to be seen in or near Beacon Hills. The false letter burned on the first day of training may be a warning but the impact of the action resides in the back of my head. 

The cunning and dangerous expressions Stiles wore while being under the commands of the Nogitsune. The shine of both the moon and the sun is nowhere to be seen in the dull eyes of Stiles and there are moments that the echoes of his malicious laugh can still be heard on some nights. Stiles may not know but I noticed that he would often wake up abruptly from his sleep in a rash manner and rushes down to the kitchen for a glass of water or a cup of hot chocolate before staring at the dimming moon in the night sky by the window. He would stare at it for hours and the beverage in his hands turn cold. When the sun slowly crawling from its resting place, Stiles would snap back to reality and goes back to his research or pretend to sleep. This habit of his has been going on now for months. I sometimes want to console him myself but I am afraid of the outcomes, too prideful of what had transpired, or too hurt from our lost. Merely watching or looking at him causes my heart to ache from everything that had transpired.

Thumbing the bottle cap in my right hand, a loud smacking sound was heard. Everyone went silent and looked at a crouching Liam beside Lydia. Liam grumbled in pain as he rubbed a portion of head and a hand close to his chest. His painful expression gave the whole pack the message that he was caught from his plan to acquire a sandwich discreetly.

"Don't even try to get a sandwich." Lydia warned as Kira looked at Liam with forgiveness in her eyes. Liam got the message and pouted at their direction; hungrily looked at the pile of sandwiches between the two women.

A loud tumbling sound gathered at our attention. Loud and hurried footsteps from the second floor of the cabin to the stairs were heard until a loud yelp stopped the rushing movement. The whole pack waited for the source of sound to come the kitchen. His grumbles of pain, complains, and whines were heard before he stepped inside the kitchen.

Stiles, wearing a simple gray joggers and white shirt, emerged from the doorframe with papers on his laptop. His eyeglasses were askew and dark bags hanging below his eyes. The clothes may hide it but his physique looked thinner than before. He rubbed his left mid-section and twitching his right foot; I guess he hit his toe somewhere from his rush movements. Barefooted, Stiles walked silently to the dining table and placed all the papers and his laptop before sitting down beside Derek; who is standing beside him with a hot cup of coffee in his hand. Stiles started typing vigorously before turning his laptop to everyone.

"Does everybody knows what Red had done?" Stiles tiredly asked as he rubbed his face in frustration.

Everyone got confused on the sudden question and looked at the bright screen. His laptop shows the current news about the school being thrashed by some unknown individual. Some walls being painted with vulgar words, windows were either broken or painted with some gooey substance, and the lights were smashed. The library has its tables turned and books were scattered everywhere. The chemistry lab was burned once again and some classrooms were affected by the burn. Local police claimed that there might be a drunk individual caused this but the whole pack knew it was Red who have done this. The school administers will further postpone the suspension of classes and will investigate this event for more than a month.

"Red done this?" Liam popped out beside Kira before trudging near the laptop.

"That's why I am asking" Stiles groaned, "did he ever talked about this to anyone?"

Everyone shook their head and Stiles clearly showed his dismay. He exhaled a long breath and rubbed both of his temples. Liam smelled the distress from Stiles first and looked at him with worry. Lydia and Kira took the initiative to destress Stiles by offering a glass of water and some sandwiches. Liam eyed the sandwiches hungrily but with one look from Lydia, he immediately backed away. Kira slide a hand to his shoulder and gave a gentle and comforting squeeze. Lydia shooed Derek from where he is standing and sat on the chair beside Stiles; leaving an irritated Derek to move away from them.

"What's the matter?" Kira softly asked.

"Nothing that much," Stiles answered, "he just doesn't know how to control and get the Red mantle right."

"The Red mantle?" Lydia asked.

"It's something between only my family's and Red's." Stiles answered honestly. "The Red mantle shouldn't be used carelessly. Like how Bruce Wayne seriously take the Batman mantle."

"Can you tell us more about this Red mantle?" Kira eyed Lydia; both knowing fully well that Stiles suddenly opened a topic that Red avoided before and shouldn't be talked about.

Stiles suddenly came to realized what is going on and shook his sleepiness and tiredness away.

"I'm sorry," Stiles took a sandwich from the pile of sandwiches in front of him "I can't no longer give more information about this. We have to wait for our guests to arrive and give us the authority to let the information spill."

Stiles slowly munched on the sandwich before gulping the water beside the sandwiches. He let out a yawn before stretching his limbs and fixed his glasses into place.

"Anyways, did Red told that I will be handling our routines from today onwards?" Stiles took another bite from his sandwich before offering Liam a sandwich from the pile; who immediately accepted and munch the scrumptious food.

"He did tell us." Derek answered for everyone.

"Then from today onwards, I will be managing your training and for today I want everyone to rest and get all the nutrients for tomorrow 2am session."

"Why so early?" Liam answered with his cheeks stuffed with food.

"The training will be about senses," Stiles wiped the crumbs from hands with his shirt "and your timer will be the sun. Everyone must be in their comfortable sports attire because you will be running around in the dark."

(unedited)

~~~~~

SMR HERE!!

I AM VERY SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT AND FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER. To be honest, I forgot my password and account which caused me to take a while and I was so busy for my college entrance tests.

LUCKILY I PASSED 4 SCHOOLS OUT OF 7 or 8 colleges I applied for. I also got my laptop recently so it made my writing easier but my current situation is stressing me out so much that I don't have the will to finish everything or get out of my bed.

I might also put some books in on hold because my schedule is getting heavier and heavier. I am also busy with selling my artworks recently (example of it is in the right above or below this). I am really in need of money to keep me and my family away from burdens (like school, food, etc.) so I might not be able to write that much too.

I hope you all understand and continue to wait for me. I really wish that I can write freely like before and be accepted to any scholarships present in my soon to be college.

SMR OUT