3

Scott POV

I woke up on a cold metal table, that cause my back to hurt from the stiffness and the cold. As I groan, I sat up on the table and grabbed my throbbing head; with my eyes closed. But my actions were restricted by a hand. I abruptly opened my eyes, which cause my head to ache much harder and looked at the owner of the hand; the person also helped me sat up. A worried Chris Argent met my confused gaze.

"Chris?" I asked. I realize that my voice is a bit hoarse from the lack of usage. I may have been asleep for a long time. "How come you're here? Where's Deaton? How long was I out? Where are-"

"Slow down, Scott." Chris said and grabbed a glass of water on top of the table behind him then offered it to me, which I happily accepted and drank it. "You're questions will be answered, once everyone is here. For now, I will have to change your bandages."

"Bandages?" I confusingly questioned. I looked at my body and saw my torso is wrapped with bandages; so are my legs. My right hand is in a cast, which caused me to remember how they crushed it with a stomp. Pain and remorse filled in my chest, as I remember the fight.

I remembered how hurt and beaten my pack are during the fight. Their faces contorted into anguish, as blood spilled on the concrete floor, every time try to stood up and fight back. I remembered their determination to fight back but it was slowly drifted away, when they knew we are outnumbered and weak compared to them. I could almost hear the female chimera laugh at my pathetic and weak state. I could still remember their torture on my friends.

"There. All done." Chris pat my shoulder, that cause me to snap me out from my misery, then went to a cabinet filled with peculiar plants. "It took us three days to patch you up, you know."

"Us?" I confusingly asked as I looked at him confused. I saw him grabbed a strange plant from the cabinet and place it on the mortar then crushing it with pestle.

"Deaton, Stiles, and I patched you and the pack." Chris calmly said as he crushed the plant. "Good thing, I was able to make it on time before you bleed to death with poison flowing around your systems."

"Stiles? Stiles helped?" I asked as my remorse worsen. I remembered the time I abandoned Stiles for a traitor. "He still helped us? Even if we kicked him out of the pack?"

Chris' eyebrows rose and he suddenly stopped crushing the plant, when I mentioned the banishment. I felt his cold stare, I bowed my head in shame and remorse. I could tell the tension strengthen every second passed. The deafening silence was broken by Chris' long and heavy sigh.

"Now, I know." He sighed then continued crushing. "Now, I understand the slight hesitation in his movements."

I kept quiet, knowing that I was the cause of Stiles' hesitation to help. I just let my guilt and pain rain on me, as Chris added a peculiar plant in the mortar and crushing it with a pestle.

"I just wanted you to know, that Stiles called me for help." Chris said as he placed the mortar and pestle on the table then walked to me. My head snapped upwards to his grim face. "He even told me how to make this concoction."

"What's the concoction for?" I asked with an eyebrow raised as I stare at the concoction in the mortar.

"Even I don't know." Chris shrugged as he grabbed a spoon from a drawer and scooped a spoonful of the mixture then offered it to me. "Here. Stiles told me to give you a spoonful of this, when you woke up."