CHAPTER 9

"What?" Callen could not move, this on top of everything else he was processing was nearly too much. "No…no, I don't believe you…" He shook his head and stood up, backing away from her and Granger.

"Mr. Callen…I…"Hetty started standing up and moving towards him.

"What's my name?" he asked quietly.

She shook her head, "I don't know." She replied honestly. "Clara never told me about you."

Callen looked as if he had been visibly struck.

"She never…" his voice broke and he sank into the chair Owen had just vacated and dropped his head into his hands, he had always assumed that she had at least told Hetty as her handler about him, even if she hadn't known his name, but now knowing she was family and she hadn't known about him?

"Mr. Callen…?" she said hoping he would look at her.

Callen shook his head, "No…no more…not now…I…" he sighed, as a feeling of peace settled on his shoulders, he looked up and Nell was heading down the stairs as fast as her condition allowed her. He looked down between his feet and there was a black feather tucked under his shoe, he bent over and picked it up twirling it absentmindedly in his hand looking at it.

"G? What's going on?" Nell demanded looking at all of them.

Callen stood up not saying a word and shooting Hetty a look full of hurt, he grabbed Nell's hand and walked out.

"CALLEN!" Hetty called after him as he left.

Owen watched as she sat in the chair, "Oh bugger." She sighed.

"Yes…I think that might just cover it." He replied as he perched on the edge of her desk watching the confused faces on the others.

Sam stood up to come over to Hetty but Owen shook his head and Sam sat down.

He wasn't happy but whatever had happened, Callen wasn't on his own.

Nell watched as Callen paced outside the main doors.

She walked over to a low wall and sat down, waiting.

"It's not fair….!" Callen said whilst still pacing, "All those years…she told me her name…but she still kept secrets!"

Nell rubbed her belly as Nicky kicked her.

"She didn't even tell her own aunt about me!" he said disbelief in his voice. "She told her about Amy…but not me? Why?"

He stopped and looked at her, tears glistening in his eyes, "She told me she didn't know anything else apart from her name, she lied again!"

Nell stood up and pulled him into her arms; he held her tight and steadied his breathing.

"What happened?" she asked softly.

Callen sat on the wall and pulled her to him, relishing the feel of the new life within her, "Hetty….she's…family…"

"I know you think of her as family, but…"

"No…Nell….My grandmother was her sister." Callen said flatly.

Nell blinked in surprise, "She is your great aunt?"

Callen nodded, "Does she know your name?" Nell asked gently.

Callen shook his head, "She didn't even know I existed until I turned up with Amy, I think…Clara never told her."

Nell reached up and kissed his cheek, "She loved you, your mother, you know that…I wanna know why Hetty never told you though?" she said, "Do you wanna stay?"