Chapter 4

All three of them walked into the mission, Callen and Nell in front and Nate following up behind.

"You're back early Miss Jones," Granger said.

"I…I need to see you." She said.

"We need to see you," Callen added stepping beside her and grabbing her hand for support.

Granger rolled his eyes, whatever this was he was sure he didn't need to be the one dealing with this, "Can this wait until Hetty gets back from Washington?" he asked.

"No…" Nell said.

Granger sighed and turned around and headed to Hetty's desk as Callen and Nell followed him.

Nate turned and walked into the bullpen to see Kensi, Deeks and Sam, "Hey guys." He greeted smiling as they looked up at him.

"Nate!" Sam exclaimed looking up at him, he stood up to shake his hand, "Welcome back." Sam said with a smile.

"YOU'RE WHAT!" Granger yelled from Hetty's office.

Callen stood up and glared at Granger, putting himself between the man and Nell.

Nell burst into tears and both men turned to her as Nate rushed from the bullpen with the team in tow.

"You didn't need to do that!" Callen snapped, "It's not her fault."

"You are both to blame, you know about going into unsanctioned places off duty, and now you can't find it?"

"We looked ok!" Nell snapped as Callen moved to stand behind her he placed his hands on her shoulders and she covered his hands with hers. "I've checked all the camera's they caught us leaving the bar, they caught us walking down the street, but it's not only us that disappeared there was a building, the restaurant itself isn't there!"

"It's not possible for a whole building to disappear Miss Jones."

"She's telling the truth, aren't you Nell, show him!" Callen turned as another black feather fell from the ceiling in the mission and floated past his face.

He swiped it away as he held his hand out for Nell as she got up, she shot him a small smile and they headed up the stairs not even noticing that the team was following them.

Sam leant against the table, "We got a case?" he asked.

"Maybe…" Granger said turning to Callen and Nell, "You need to fill them in, and if this is an attack on either of you someone may be trying to get into Ops,"

Nell pulled up on her tablet the footage from the night in question. "Ok this is what we have, we were not followed and we didn't leave."

"Well obviously you left," Kensi said, "Or you wouldn't be here."

"Yeah, but we don't remember….much after entering the premises." Callen told them.

"Did anything significant happen that you know about?" Sam asked worried. Callen looked over at Nell and smirked.

"Kinda, but nothing that I think compromises the mission or the team." Callen replied and Granger snorted.

"Maybe if you had been thinking with the right head none of this would have happened."

Callen shot him a look but continued on, "We don't think anyone has been compromised, I haven't seen anyone following me at all, Nell?" he asked.

She shook her head, "No…but I have felt like I keep being watched, and…well it's silly really but I keep seeing these black feathers, they turn up in the strangest places."